Chp. 43

Amaya's POV

Just like I expected Sad Eyes wanted us to move at 5 sharp.

I start preparing what I thought I'd need. 

A pocket knife, my gun and the shotgun my mom's had since I was a kid. I spent a good hour cleaning everything.

Mami braided two boxer braids in my hair. Helps to keep your hair out of your face while kicking ass. After she was done with my hair I dressed just like I was the rebel teenager I once was. Sliding my arms into the cool leather, I looked at myself one time in the mirror.

"Damn I look good."

For the last time I glanced over my room gathering things I had forgotten. My memory box was the last thing I picked up before going downstairs to face my mom.

"There she is." Mami said.

"What?"

"There's my daughter. I've missed you."

"Santo Cross or California outline?"

"Both." She stood up taking out my necklaces and slide them around my neck.

"What's this ring?"

Oh shit.

"Oscar gave me that."

"When? I've never seen it before."

"My eighteenth birthday."

"That was nice of him."

"It was." 

I remember what he said to me after I accepted. He said, "I love you and I won't give up on you even if you don't want me anymore, I'll carry you around in my heart."

And he has.

I know he has.

I know he will.

"You never stop loving that first love, mija. Its like a permanent mark on your heart."

"Something tells me I'm going to love him forever."

Right as I said that my alarm went off.

"Time for you guys to leave."

Mami ran upstairs to get my sisters. They came down one by one.

Last was Mami.

"Chola life forever." She said pulling me into a mama bear hug.

She slipped me large gold bamboo hoop earrings with my name on them.

"What?"

"Papi had them made for this day."

"What day?"

"The day you ended this all. Alright I gotta go or I'm gonna cry."

Mami walked out of her house, it was the last time ever. She patted the front door and shut it behind her.