Chp. 42

Amaya's POV

We got back to the house in no time. Mami and I had my little sisters go into Lilia's room while we talked in her room.

Our decision was that we should get out of Freeridge for a while. Not for her or I but for the younger ones. My sisters deserved a chance to life without caution for once.

The entire rest of the day we packed our things taking just what we needed, the valuables, useful things.

I was used to picking up and leaving. I did that for the last few years, my sisters who only knew Freeridge and the surrounding areas didn't know how to do that. They were packing mainly clothing that you could wear in California, not thinking about if we were to head North.

Repacking they had a range of clothing. Lilia packed Katia's stuff in a small box. It wasn't like we were gonna leave without her.

As soon as night fell Mami and I started packing our cars.

Lilia was going to be with me and Sara was with Mami. 

We both decided that if we had to separate it would be best if Sara remain with her because of logistics and Lilia refused to leave me by myself again. I was fine on my own but felt better being with her.

Just was Mami shut the trunk of her car, a motorcycle and a lowrider came down our street.

Uncle Marc had his friends circling our house and saw us packing and called him. Uncle Marc called Sad Eyes to let him know. They both didn't believe we were leaving.

"Where are you going to go?" My Uncle asked.

"Best not to say anything. But AJ has her storage unit in Washington."

"But Abuela and Grandmama live in Florida so who knows."

"Will you call to tell us you're safe?"

"I don't know." Mami said.

"We'll think of some way to tell you. Its just we don't know where we'll end up until we get somewhere."

"What if someone follows you?" Sad Eyes asks.

"Sara's in my car and Lil is riding with AJ. We know how to handle this. Well AJ knows how to handle this."

"How?"

"I ran away from a batshit crazy gang leader. I can run away and not be found. Plus I have an old contact that can help us."

"Ricky? You found Ricky?" My Uncle asks shocking the rest of them.

"I can't say. But he can get us to somewhere safe."

"You have your passports or do you need a contact?"

"We're good."

"AJ can I talk to you?" Sad Eyes asks me.

I nod and follow him down the driveway.

"Do you think its smart to just vanish? What happens when Spooky comes back?"

"Tell him that its not safe for us right now. We're not leaving for me, we're leaving to give my sisters a life without gangs and shootings. It what's best for right now, I can't make that decision for the future."