Chp. 12

Oscar's POV

The party had started and there was no signs of Amaya.

I sent Sad Eyes out to get her food and he called to tell me they were still getting ready.

Should have figured that they would take forever to get ready.

I was making the rounds when there was commotion right next to the back door.

"Who's here?" I asked Cesar.

"AJ. You might wanna go get her cause you know who just showed." He pointed to a fast approaching Maria.

"Shit." I slipped away and left Cesar to fend for himself.

The crowd was swarming Amaya and she clearly needed some help breaking through.

She was trying to be polite and talking to everyone but it was too much and I could see it in her eyes. She was looking for her way out and spotted Mario coming towards her but I was already there.

"Need a hand?" Her head whipped around to me.

"Yes, please."

I parted the crowd and pulled her with me.

"Thanks. Forgot how...how..."

"Intense everyone was?"

"Exactly. Let me go set up and I'll be right back."

I watched her walk away to go start the music, her ass had gotten bigger since I last saw her.

"So, you avoiding me for a reason?" I took a deep breath and turned around to the most annoying human on this planet.

"Ruca doesn't want me talking to you."

"Yo man, what's up?" Mario came over to hug me and save me from talking to this beast.

Just like that I slipped away noticing Maria's extremely annoyed look.

We were a thing for two weeks and the hyna is still tripping, thinking were something more than nothing.

Mario and I walked over to where the hynas were chopping it up.

"You and Angelica again?"

"Yeah." He said with a sigh.

"You don't have to keep going back to the same chick. There are more out there."

"I know. Look at the last girl I brought home to meet Ma! She was pregnant and it wasn't even my kid!"

"That's a good point. But still there's other hynas who aren't batshit."

"What? Every single one of them is batshit. Just different levels of batshit. But my Angel and I have been through a lot in the last 10 years. Maybe this will be the last time we break up and get back together. Maybe we'll get married."

"Who's getting married?"

We both turned our heads to a surprising comment from Amaya.

"Mario and Angelica."

"Maybe! Maybe. I don't know. We've been through it all together. Its possible in the future."

"You've been dating on and off since we were in seventh grade. That's more time than most people know each other and get married."

"AJ we all know how crazy my Ma is. If she gets wind of all this, there is never gonna be a possibility of anything. She'll call Señora Perez and by spring we'll be saying 'I do' in the church that smells weird. I'm pretty sure there's a dead body in there. But you know how it is! Madness."