Chp. 37

Amaya's POV

Angelica and I drove from Freeridge down to San Diego the next day after I was free and clear from my mother.

My friend from college had a friend who ran a second-hand wedding dress store. She graciously was letting us come down today to buy a dress.

Two months until the wedding. Four months into Angelica's pregnancy. What could go wrong?

She spent the entire time talking about the wedding and how she hadn't told anyone about the baby. That Ruby and I were swore into secrecy. He had guessed.

Apparently she was the one who took the test at our house. Angelica didn't want anyone to find the test at the Martinez house. I hadn't even noticed that she was at the party.

We parked and walked in. The owner Meredith met us and had everything I asked for. A fake baby bump and dresses in an A-line or Empire waist.

I sat down on a couch while Meredith took Angelica into the back to try on the dresses.

One by one she came out in each dress unsure. But the last dress was it. I knew it when Meredith ran out of her office with a huge smile on her face. She searched the racks for that dress for probably five minutes.

Angelica came out in this full tulle skirt with flower lace appliquéd covering the entire dress. A sweetheart neckline with the most delicate straps, buttons up the back of it.

Beautiful.

"This is the one."

"Are you sure? I mean I love it but will it be noticeable that I'll be full showing pregnant."

"Angelica, its beautiful. And who gives a shit if you're pregnant? Its not like you and Mario aren't getting married."

"That's true."

"Try it on with a veil."

Meredith went to grab one and left us alone to talk.

"Do you think everyone will hate me?"

"Why, because you're pregnant?"

"That and how we didn't wait until marriage. God could be shunning me right now and I'm in a wedding dress."

"God doesn't hate you. What's a piece of paper to say that you're marriage? Well beside the legality of it. But hell people used to just say a few words, get their hands bound together and that was it. Husband and wife."

"The church won't marry us if I'm pregnant." She blurted out.

"Okay. There are a lot of ways to get married besides in a church. You could have someone who's an ordained ministry do it."

"That's right. But who?"

"I don't know but its easy to do online."

Meredith came back with a veil and a bouquet for Angelica. Once she was all set Angelica turned back around to see herself in the mirror and that was it. We found the dress.