Chp. 36

Oscar's POV

There was a knock at my door early in the morning that Monday. Standing there was Amaya with a coffee and a back pack.

"Show me where Cuchillos is buried."

"Its early. Go home."

"Either you come with me or I'm gonna go by myself."

I rubbed my face with my hands and let her into my house.

"Give me a couple minutes."

A few minutes later I reappeared dressed and ready to go, she was sitting on the couch scrolling away on her phone.

"You driving or am I?"

"We're Ubering so neither of our cars are on the side of the road. Less nosy parkers."

"Well then you gotta order that shit. I don't Uber."

"Oh I did. Its sitting out front." Amaya pulled her back pack over she shoulders and we left.

40 minutes into the ride we pulled over. 

Our driver was suspicious about why we wanted to be dropped off on the side of the road but Amaya conveniently asked me if I was ready to hike.

"Let's go." I took lead into the woods. "Path will lead us all the way down there."

"Here take a water and something to eat." She handed me a sack full of stuff. "How will we know when we get there?"

"19th street put a purple bandana on a tree."

"Not smart."

"Didn't say they were."

"Why'd you let them take power?"

"Because it was time to change. Cesar and I weren't the only ones to get burned but no one every talked about it. So, we played the game. Until Cuchillos started messing around with everyone's future. She let Cesar and his friends run around thinking they were gonna find Lil Ricky."

"She wanted to kill him."

"Exactly. Then after she killed him, what was she gonna do to my brother? Kill him because he was a loose end. After what you've told me about our dads it just reaffirmed my distrust that I had."

"When did 19th do this?"

"June. She had them kidnap me for three days. Finally they listened to me and we joined forces to take her down."

"I stopped getting her messages the last week of May, first week of June."

"That's why you came back isn't it? You had a thought, that maybe just for once she was gone."

"Needed to be sure. Wanted to make sure that she didn't take my family away when she said she wouldn't as long as I followed orders. I still don't know who sent me that text message though. Its freaking me out."

"Cuchillos had everyone working for her. Its probably one of them trying to enact some plan she had. Just ignore it."

After two hours we barely talked to each other but we had finally made it to the clearing, the bandana was nailed to a pine tree like they said it would be. Grass started to regrow over the area where she was buried.

"This is where they dropped her."

"Burned her or no?"

"Burned her. Needed to make sure."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"They took a picture."

"A picture? Are they stupid, stupid?"