Chp. 38

Oscar's POV

Lupe came screaming downstairs, flinging open the front door and slamming it shut. Frankie just looked at me and followed his ruca out the door.

Grabbing some food I went upstairs to see if Amaya was okay. Her window was open and she was on the roof. I pushed the window all the way open and sat in the frame.

"What?"

"Just thought you could use some company. Can I join you?" Amaya scooted over so I could sit next to her.

"She's my best friend, right now, she's acting like a bitch. Why the hell didn't she tell me about her and Frankie? All these years she hasn't said anything to me."

"Maybe because you didn't let her in on your life."

"What's there to tell? Everyone knows the story, hell! Everyone in town knows the story."

"But you also just left. You didn't just leave Darius or your family. You left Freeridge and everyone who cared about you. Guadalupe probably feels left behind. You two also having been hanging out as much."

"Cause she's got a boyfriend."

"True. But you could also try and hang out."

"Uh! Just shut up and look into the void."

I began to speak and she hushed me.

We sat on the roof for a long time. Long enough for her sisters and her mom to come home. Way too long not to say anything.

"Maybe we should go inside." I suggest.

"Not yet."

"Not yet, why?"

"Because."

We sat there for a minute longer when she grabbed my face and pulled me in close. Amaya looked me in the eye and then kissed me.

A wave of shock came over my body.

I pulled away and climbed back into her room. Amaya followed me inside.

"I'm sorry, I thought maybe I should but clearly I shouldn't have."

Both of us stood there unknowing of what to do. She looked at me and I just saw her again as six years ago Amaya.

I kept rubbing my face like it would tell me something.

"Will you say something? You're freaking me out." Amaya finally spoke.

"Ummm. Yeah? Ah..." I wasn't making sense to myself or to her.

"Look I'm really, really sorry. I shouldn't have done that and..." I stopped her by smashing my lips into her's.

After a few seconds she was the one to pull away.

"Don't ever apologize about kissing me. Okay?" She nods.

Just as I'm about to kiss her again, the twins bust into her room.

"AJ and Oscar kissing in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first came love."

"OUT!" Sara yelled from the hallway both twins retreating with their tail in-between their legs.

"I knew you'd get back together. I just knew it. Oscar you owe me ten." I take out my cash and smack a big ol' tenner in Sara's hand.

"Thanks for betting with me."

Sara skips down the hall into her room and Amaya's standing there in shock.

"You bet that we wouldn't get together?"

"No I bet her that it would take longer." Amaya was still looking at me like I was stupid.