Chapter Three

Her angel eyes
saw the good
in many devils.

___________________________

"Is this where you'll meet your fiancé?" Cassy asked, blinking. "Are you sure? I think we have reached the wrong place."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for dropping me off. Now, you should go because you have an early day tomorrow. Go and revise on your case," I told her, pushing her towards the car.

"Are you sure?" Cassy asks again, her face scrunched up in confusion.

"Yes! This is where my fiancé chose to meet me."

"Bar?"

"It's a club."

"But there's not even one sane person here. How can I leave you here alone? You may end up closing this bar," she drawls, giving me a dramatic look.

True!

Shut up!

I grinned. "Don't worry, I'm an angel. I would never harm anyone."

Devil!

"Goodbye angel! And yeah, kindly avoid sex today. It might not end up well if you have sex with some stranger today." She waved her hand before walking away.

I waved back before entering the club. I immediately spotted my fiancé none other than Mr. Daniel Avery. He's sitting near the bar talking to some guy who's equally as handsome as him but my eyes were completely focused on Daniel.

I wait for half an hour before I slip onto the empty bar stool beside Daniel who looks drunk. He has a sharp face blessed with mesmerizing blue eyes which can melt anyone. He was blessed with high cheek bones and his lips were pink and so perfect that you could spend hours on kissing them. He has a nice built body and thick dark hair. His beard, however, overpowered his handsome face and made him the least approachable person in this whole bar. His scowl would bring shame to a serial killer. And yet, here I am, sidling up next to him.

He glanced at me but his focus moved quickly back to his half empty glass as if that's the only purpose of his whole life. Based on the slump of his shoulders and the clumsy way he picks up his glass and tips it toward his mouth, I'm guessing he's pretty hammered. I order a soda. I should be in my home watching my favorite TV series, but instead, I'm sitting next to a drunk man who will probably be my husband soon. My life is reaching heights, no doubt.

Though I should admit he does look gorgeous. Makes me want to eat him. 

Do you like the idea of him pushing you against the wall and kissing the hell out of you?

"One of those days?" I asked, nodding to the almost empty bottle. It was unopened twenty minutes ago. Yes, I spend the last thirty minutes admiring my soon to be husband and his out of the world drinking skills. While he's been sitting here, he's turned down four women, making my brain think faster than usual to find the best way to approach him.

"You could say that," he slurs, his focus moving back to me. Despite being drunk, his blue eyes blinks to focus as assess me from head to toe. He places his elbow on the bar and props his head on his palm while I admire his vibrant blue hues. They move over me, assessing. I'm wearing a conservative blue dress with a high neckline and a hem that falls just below my knees.

You could have worn something more provocative then he might have kissed you and maybe something more.

I could have but don't worry, it's not really required.

"That helping you?" I give him a wide grin and tip my chin in the direction of his bottle. His gaze doesn't move from me.

"Nah, but it helps to not think. Shuts down your brain." He taps his temple. It does. I definitely have some experience but the pounding pain that comes next morning is not worth it.