Chapter Eight

Everyone thinks of
changing the world, but no one
thinks of changing himself.
-
Leo Tolstoy

________________

"So Ally, time for your final choice

"So Ally, time for your final choice. Which one do you want? Chocolate Matcha, Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle or Mexican Chocolate." Angel stares at me with a wide grin.

I pout looking at the three different choices placed in front of me. Eight different options were given to us that is best for a winter wedding cake and from those eight we shortlisted these three. I turn towards Daniel who's staring at me with his usual expressionless face. I glare at him. He didn't help me in choosing the cake, he just nodded for everything but I knew he liked these cakes because there was a softness in his face when he took his bite.

"You have to choose the cake," I declare, folding my hands against my chest.

"What? Why?" Daniel looks perplexed. I roll my eyes.

"Because it's not just my wedding but yours too so you'll choose the cake. No arguments." My tone sharp.

He sighs. "Fine," he mutters, taking a step towards the table where the cakes are placed.

"Do you want to taste them again?" Angel asks, smiling at Daniel. He shakes his head, his gaze fixed on the pieces of cake.

He's going to select the third one.

No!

Which one do you like?

Hazelnut truffle. It's so delicious.

Then I'm sure he's not gonna select that.

Shut up!

No, he's gonna select the third one.

Daniel turns towards me. Oh please! Select the second one.

Third one!

"I think I like the second one."

I freeze. Second one? I blink twice. "Really?" I ask, trying not to smile.

"Yes."

I wanna kiss him.

I know.

"Do you like that one? If you don't then we can choose the one you like," Daniel tells, taking a step towards me.