Chapter Twenty Four

The final forming
of a person's character lies
in their own hands
-
Anne Frank

_________________

"Ouch!" My head is killing me and so is the stupid light flickering in from those damn curtains

"Ouch!" My head is killing me and so is the stupid light flickering in from those damn curtains. I'm sprawled out on my stomach. Brushing my hair away from my face, I squint at the clock. 7:05 a.m. I try to move but my legs feel like dead. I feel like dehydrated yet my bladder is ready to burst. I grimace while sitting up and swinging my legs off the edge of the bed. I ease to my feet and suppress a moan when I feel something inside my head jumping. Why is my head beating harder? Did my heart move to my head? My fingers circle my temples with firm pressure to alleviate the throbbing in my head and to keep it from exploding.

After relieving myself and washing my hands, I pick up the glass of water and Advil from the nightstand and gulp it down my throat. The soothing sensation feels like Heaven and so the two Advil. My mouth tastes like... Yuck! I walk out of the washroom after a long shower only to move into the closet. I change into a tank top and black pants. I brush my hair and let it off without tying it.

Memories rushes back to my mind like a hurricane.

Daniel!

Questioning Daniel!

Deal with Daniel!

Feeding Daniel!

Drunk with Daniel!

Negotiation with Daniel!

Kissing Daniel!

Orgasm...?

Oh my God!

I did it, ain't I?

Yes you did!

Noooooooooo!

Yes!

I walk out of the closet, thinking about several ways to face Daniel but all my thoughts comes to a halt when I find Daniel standing in the middle of the room.

"Come here." He says it while staring me in the eye, a vein throbbing in his temple. A little shiver runs up my spine. It isn't fear, but I'm not sure what it is. 

I hesitate for a second before I move towards him. Once I'm near him, he pulls me towards him by my waist, pressing himself against me. I looked up at him, holding my breath. Daniel leans in closer to me and I suddenly get a faint whiff of the cologne he's wearing – something different from his usual and so delicious that I lick my lips and hold my breath when he drops his head close to mine. He veers his face to the side of mine, so close that I can feel his warm breath against my cheek until he stops right by my ear. My heart starts beating faster and I smile to myself, realizing that he's not in angry mode.

"You're crazy when you're drunk," he murmured, his thumbs sliding underneath my top the tiniest bit.

"Hmm," I snorted, which changed to a snortmmm as he nuzzled my neck. "You want to tell me something?"