Chapter Thirty

Be sure you put
your feet in the right place,
then stand firm.
-
Abraham Lincoln

______________

The dining room and kitchen were open plan in an L shape

The dining room and kitchen were open plan in an L shape. French doors from the dining room which was across from the kitchen. Big money for this kind of location, the huge, airy rooms and the view afforded. The kitchen was state-of-the-art and mostly hidden from the living room behind the wall.

Still, I had to be quiet.

Especially after the argument that happened before few hours. I told Margaret, the maid to sit with Carla since they're good friends. Margaret might be a better company than me considering that I can't stop throwing curses at Thomas despite how wonderful is his kitchen.

Normally, my coffeemaker had a cup under the spout rather than a pot so I could just stand there and wait until it was done filling the cup and then switch it over to the pot so I didn't have to wait until the pot was full.

Normally, I function properly with cup number one.

Normally, Hope would always be with me with a cup of coffee for me when she identifies my mood.

Normally, I ain't this mad at anyone at nine in the fucking morning.

Normally, I don't feel like I should drink ten cups of coffee before going to work.

Caffeine was my drug of choice.

It helps me think straight and maintain a straight face but nothing helps right now.

It took me awhile to find all the coffee beans. I made it strong and did the cup thing. It was pretty clear that my mood wasn't getting any better today so I could be greedy and selfish with the coffee.

Looks like the meeting is going to damn shitty with my mood.

I was concentrating on the stream of life-affirming filling the cup so I was a little surprised when hands settled on the counter on either side of me and I felt the warmth of a body against my back.

They were very familiar hands.

I looked over my shoulder.

Daniel had fenced me in.

His dark hair was wild in a sexy way and his eyes were soft as were his features. I was able to put the wild, sexy hair out of my mind and to ignore the fact he was just inches apart. However, it was kind of hard to ignore his proximity. Especially after hearing him pronounce me as the love of his life.

Sweet Lord!

No one should drop such a bomb on a girl's head without warning.

He loves me.

And I don't know how to deal with it. I was barely adjusting with the fact that I'm going to live my life with him. I had to share everything with him and considering how selfish I am, it's a difficult task but I managed to agree to it if I get to keep him to myself. But love? That's huge. Considering it's just a month we have met.