Chapter Twenty Nine

To ignore
evil is to become
accomplice to it.
-
Martin Luther King Jr.

________________

"Mmm... good morning," Daniel says, shifting against me, his head nuzzling my side.

My eyes flutter open, blurry and confused. I lightly shift to feel Daniel pressed against me like he was last night, and me sleeping on my back, unmoved from our position.

Neither of us broke apart, neither of us even attempted to move, and not once did I wake up. I slept like the dead last night and that never happens. I'm usually tossing and turning at some point unless Daniel is beside me.

It was... all him.

This spooning, this tight hold Daniel has on me, it feels new and different.

"Good morning," I say, feeling my cheeks blush when his lips press against my temple again.

"You're so fucking warm." His hand floats across my bare stomach and that's when I remember... I am completely naked.

His fingers splay across my abdomen and his thumb lightly strokes my skin. It's a breeze of a touch, but it wakes up a wave of lust, and just like that, I want him again, but I want all of him.

"Sleep for another few minutes," I tell him as I slowly unwrap his arm from my body. He makes a sound telling me how much he doesn't want me to leave the bed but I need to get up.

It was past two when we finally slept, finishing my work and now it's six. He needs to get some sleep. I sit up on the bed and looks down at the hot sleepy face of Daniel. He smiles at me once more before closing his eyes. I run my fingers through his hair, feeling his smooth hair.

We didn't speak anything more about the divorce. It's not happening and we agreed to it and it's scares the hell out of me. This is my first time in a committed relationship. He's the first man who held a special place in my heart and the thought of loosing him is scary.

I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower before rushing towards John's room. I sigh in relief when I find John sitting on his couch, reading some magazine. He lifts his head and catches me standing near the door. I step inside and settle beside him on the couch.

"Good morning," I mutter, smiling bright.

"Good morning. I didn't take you as an early riser," he says, smiling at me. He grabs the cup of coffee from the table, taking a sip from it.

"I need your help." I finally say after taking a breath. "It's about Daniel." He doesn't reply, and I take that as his tacit agreement I should proceed forward.