Chapter Thirty Three

The best way to
predict your future,
is to create it.
-
Abraham Lincoln

_________________

"I still don't get it

"I still don't get it. Why in the world did you hide it from me?" I seethe, glaring at Hope.

"Daniel said he wanted to surprise you so I just helped him," Hope says before biting into an apple. "Can you sit down please, your pacing is giving me anxiety."

"I'm giving you anxiety?" I step right into Hope's space and point my finger at her. "You and Daniel decided to go behind my back to select this house. How were you so sure that I like this house?"

"For the record, Daniel choose this house. All I did was help Leila with the furniture and other things. He was cent percent sure that you'd love the house."

Well.. I did like love the house. It's a modern villa but with a country style touch. The entry includes an abundance of woods and mouldings. My favorite was the open kitchen which features a breakfast nook, pantry, a separate wok kitchen, high-grade appliances and beautiful marble counters—all adjacent to the dining area. There are a total of six bedrooms, four spacious suites with ocean view on the top floor while lower level has additional two ensuited bedrooms. The master bedroom was stunning with private balcony, walk in closet and luxurious ensuite bath with jetted tub and rainfall shower. The most important room is the office. There are two offices with built-in cabinetry which I assume are for me and Daniel. Apart from this, there were bar, gym room, theatre room, indoor and outdoor living with covered decks, outdoor pools, hot tubs and a beautiful garden.

After Daniel was discharged, he decided to bring me to our new home instead of going to Thomas' house. I wanted to ask him tons of questions but I didn't since Hope pulled me to the kitchen so that Daniel could take rest.

"He has already put his another three villas on sale," Hope informs, tossing her apple core in the trash can.

"Why?"

Hope shrugs. I glare at her before moving towards the master bedroom where Daniel is taking rest. I stop when I hear his parents talking.

"We shouldn't have trusted Annabelle," Daliya says, looking at Daniel, who's sleeping. I scan the room and finds his parents settled on the couch.

"It's just that Daniel wasn't our blood so we thought maybe he did have a crimi-"

"Complete that sentence and you would be the one rushing to ER next," I say as I step inside the room. Caniel looks shocked, maybe because I threatened to manhandle him.

"You know he is adopted?"

"Yes. Now, everyone out. Do not disturb him," I order, folding my hands against my chest and giving them my best glare.