Chapter Thirty Two

Opportunity is missed by
most people because
it is dressed in overalls
and looks like work.
-
Thomas Edison

_________________

The whole family rushed to the hospital

The whole family rushed to the hospital. I didn't utter a word throughout the journey. All I felt was numbness. Once we reached the hospital, we spot Daniel's assistant, Aby.

"Listen, they won't answer any questions to us about Daniel because we're not listed in his emergency contact. Thomas is listed as his family, and he's on his way. Nurse says he was bleeding from the head, but he seemed fine," Aby informs, stepping towards me.

I move in front of the hospital, grabbing my phone and walking toward the entrance.

"What floor?"

"He's in the ER. Ground level. He just got here not long ago. I was trying to get more information before calling Ryan."

I round the corner to see the waiting room. I stop when I find Annabelle standing in front of the ER. Aby quickly steps towards Ryan, holding him back when he make to charge toward Annabelle.

"Don't," he cautions. "They'll kick you out if you cause a scene, and they can't let anyone back except for family. Daniel's unconscious right now."

"We're his family," Ryan grits out.

"I know but in the emergency contact list, only Thomas' and Annabelle's names are listed. This is an accident case so they're careful about letting people inside. We have to wait till Daniel gains consciousness."

Caniel, Ryan and my Dad tries to argue but I ignore them as I settle on the bench. Judge sits beside me without uttering another word. Everyone stops talking and stares at me with concern.

An old woman, whom I assume is the nurse comes out of the room. Annabelle steps towards her with a smile.

"He's in the back. He's unconscious. Do you want them hearing this?" she asks, motioning toward us. Annabelle stares at me while I slowly calm down.

Anaconda glances my way, but turns back to her. "I don't want then hearing anything about Daniel," she replies, smirking at me.

"What in the world?" Caniel snaps. "That's my son."

Annabelle snarls. "But still it's my name he listed as emergency. He doesn't want any of you near him."

Caniel gasps, probably shocked with the sudden change in Annabelle's behavior. I rise to my feet, steps towards the nurse. "Is he okay?" I ask, ignoring everyone else.