Chapter Thirty Five

The one who plants tree,
knowing that he will never sit
in their shade, has at least
started to understand the
meaning of life.
-
Rabindranath Tagore

_______________

"Allison, get the hell down," Daniel orders, walking towards me

"Just a second, it's almost done," I reply as I hang the garlands. I yelp when Daniel places his hands on my waist and pulls me down. Thankfully, I'm done hanging the garlands.

He pulls me towards the living room as I scan the whole house. From where we're standing in, the whole room is covered in Christmas from the floor to the ceiling. Paintings hanging on the walls have been covered and wrapped with different styles of Christmas paper. Garlands and multicolored twinkle lights line every inch of the crown molding up at the ceiling and frame all of the doorways, the edges of cabinets, and all the window frames. There's a Santa holding a candle, Santa holding a list, Mrs. Claus swaying with a tray of cookies, Victorian carolers holding caroling books, and snowmen repeatedly tipping their hats.

Though I wanted a big Santa, Daniel insisted on small Santa's that are standing beside my huge, beautifully decorated Christmas tree. There are many other small Christmas trees of all shapes and sizes standing in corners, sitting on tables of kitchen. Christmas music is playing softly from the laptop on the kitchen counter, the inside edges of the all the windows have been sprayed with that fake snow stuff, and Christmas window clings take up the rest of the glass surfaces.

I wouldn't call my home a Christmas world but it's not really bad. Looks classy but sweet. The sweet is from me and the classy is from Daniel. He did help me in decorating all these but he did have a strong hold on my preferences. Of course, the room is red, grey and white in color but nothing more bright than that. He was also damn stubborn about the nutcracker. He argued with me for twenty minutes to buy only a small nutcracker, nothing huge. And you know what the bloody reason is?

'The big one looks like a creepy guy and I don't want him to watch us while I fuck you hard.' Not my words. I really wanted to laugh at him and call him funny but I was barely able to not jump all over him. He melts me as if I'm a fucking ice-cream.

I turn towards my fireplace, beside which the Christmas tree stood in pride and stocking hanged over the fireplace. We also have theme for every room, there is snowman room, an elf room, a Santa room, a Rudolph room, a grinch themed room. Even the kitchen has a theme—candy theme— where there's a small white tree in the corner of the huge kitchen, filled with glittery candy and sucker ornaments. There are sparkly white and pastel green suckers hang from the ceiling. There are mason jars near the kitchen window with snow man insider them. We decorated all room except ours. Daniel wanted it to be left alone and I let him have it.

"Now what?" Daniel gives me a glare so I smile at him as I place a peck on his cheek.

"You're the best husband in this world. Now, go and hang the wreath I made on the front door."