Chapter 13.

"Oh no." I heard Rose beside me. Half the field, students who were supporting our school's football team groaned in unison.

The opponent's team just scored and earned another point. Now both the teams were even. Two on two. And Whoever scored the last point in seven minutes would be the winner.

We were all here supporting our football teams. With Ryan and Matt playing on the field. Clara and Emily were cheerleading. Leaving me and Rose on the bleachers.

Trevor was here too. When I asked him about Zachary he said that he didn't take much interest in football.

I asked Trevor to sit with us and he gladly accepted. I could see that he and Rose were getting along well.

For the game, the tension could be sensed in the air. As people anxiously watched the game wondering which team will get the victory.

The opponent team was very strong. It was the best team in our town. And it was very important for Matt and his team to win this game.

Ryan was doing well and was going to kick the ball to the goalpost but missed it within a few inches.

The opponents took this chance and took the ball.

Damn. If someone didn't step in they were gonna win this game. Right there, Matt took the ball swiftly and dogged it from their opponent.

"Come on, Matt you can do it," I shouted at the top of my lungs. And everyone around me started cheering for him. I could feel the adrenaline was rushing through my veins. I kept cheering.

He managed to keep the ball away from the others and he kicked it, the ball struck the crossbar, my breath was caught in my throat and then it hit the goalkeeper straight on the head and touched the net. I let out my breath.

Everyone started to applaud and clap. I turned on my side to Rose. But she and Trevor were already hugging each other and congratulating. Well, I have left there alone and was awkwardly clapping.

After the match was over. I ran towards our team. Matt was already surrounded by people. Everyone congratulating him. I congratulated the rest of the team members.

"You were great on the field Matt." That voice belonged to Claire. She clung to his arms. I guess some bitches never learn. But I could see he was already bored and wasn't paying any attention to her.

I tried to move past all the girls. When Matt noticed me his smile widened. He embraced me in his arms and kissed me. I kissed him back not caring about the audience that was present.

"You were brilliant, babe," I said breaking off the kiss. The team who won would get a chance to further compete with other teams in Boston. I was so happy for him. It was a great opportunity for him.

"I will miss you though," he murmured. The sad part he had to be there for weeks and if he managed to win among the other teams which I hoped for. He had to stay away for at least three weeks.

"Don't worry it is just a few weeks. focus on your game and play well, okay?"

He nodded. "I am throwing a party at my house for our victory. You will be there, right?"

"I am so sorry. But I have to complete my English assignment. The due date is near and we still have work to do." I sighed. I promised Zachary about this.

"I wanted to celebrate with you, Ava," hearing him say that made me rethink about my schedule with Zachary.

If only we had more time before turning in the assignment. But I am sure it still wouldn't be complete, I would still have things to do on the last minute.