Chapter 15.

I waited for the door to open and rang the bell again. I was out of Zachary's house. After a few second, he appeared at his doorway.

"Hey, I was upstairs so it took me some time. You weren't waiting long enough, were you?" He huffed, he might have come running down. He was wearing glasses too and was looking so good in those. He should wear it at school.

Before making it too obvious that I was starting I said."Umm...no." he gestured me to enter his house.

"Wow, Zachary you have a lovely house," I said and took in the view. The rug beneath my feet was so soft and comfortable. The room was beautiful with the interiors in crisp white and dark grey in colour. It gave his house a luxurious look but somehow the warmth of a house was missing.

"Er...thanks. My room is upstairs, let's go." He urged me to follow him.

When I was climbing up I noticed that I didn't notice any pictures of him or his family around the house.

"Ava comes on, what are you looking for?" He said hurriedly. He kept on glancing behind my back. Was someone supposed to come?

I trailed behind him. When he opened the door. I saw that...

"I know I know, not like a typical teenage boy. I don't like a mess." He said before I could say anything. And it was true. His room was well organized.

At the start when Matt and I started dating. His room was always a total disaster. With all his materials that were supposed to be in his closet scattered all over his place. Beer bottles and what not. I shuddered at that thought.

Sometimes I had to nag him to keep it clean. Maybe he was tired of my complaints, that's why now he used to keep his room at least decent enough to stay when I went.

It wasn't just Matt, I have seen my brother's room too. Heck, even I, myself didn't keep my room this clean.

"Suit yourself. I got some cookies." He said and disappeared behind the door.

I took this time to examine his room. A double size bed was in the middle with a pale blue couch in the corner. He had posters of swimmers on his wall.

I looked at his desk and noticed a photo frame. I picked it up, a young lady was holding a baby. She had a lovely smile on her lips. It reminded me of Zachary's smile. She might be his mother.

There were a few more pictures some at his desk and others on his wall. There was a picture where Zachary won a match and was holding his trophy proudly. One specific picture caught my attention.

In this Zachary might be around six while the other girl was older perhaps twelve.
Zachary was sitting on a swing while the girl was holding onto him. Both of them had pure happiness on their faces.

I focused on the big shelf kept at the corner. It had various books, music CD's and some trophies, he won at swimming contests and some in academics too.

A particular book caught my eye. I took it out of his shelf. It was the book he was reading when we first met at the cafe.

It was Norwegian wood by Haruki Murakami. I had read it once. Actually, borrowed it from Emily. This shit was hella depressing. That's why after that I limited myself to movies. I preferred movies to books.

There were various books from the same author. And other books too. Some mystery, crimes and thrillers. Eh, not my cup of tea.

I heard the clearing of the throat from the doorway. He appeared back with a tray of cookies.

"What were you looking at?" He said but without any hint of annoyance or anger just curiosity.

I held the book in front of him. "Why did you hid this book that day?"