Chapter 17.

I could already see people gathered around. We made our way to the house which looked more like a mansion.

The iron gates were open, and the yard was decorated with light up and carved pumpkins. The house stood tall, a white three-story building. The night gave it kind of haunted look with the spooky melody in the background.

There was a foggy effect outside the door. With this all decoration and music. It was horrifying and exciting at the same time. I have been to Ryan's house a couple of times. But whenever I went. It amazed me.

The theme of the party was to be dressed up as a character from a movie or series.

I could see all the characters already from movies to Disney films.

"You look gorgeous," Rose exclaimed. She was dressed as Rapunzel. She wore a wig with as long blonde tangled hair. And wore a purple gown with puffed sleeves, and a lavender corset tied with ribbons.

"Look at yourself," I said, and we both giggled.

"And who's this? Noah." Matt and I decided to dress as a couple from the movie the notebook.

I was dressed in a floral black dress that ended just above my knee. And a red jacket. With my hair curled. While Matt in a black button-down and grey trousers with a flat hat.

The room was decorated as well with the ceiling in all the spooky webs it gave the vibes just well and the music was on full blast.

"Yo! Wassup people." Ryan greeted all of us. Monica was with us. "Hey, guys," Monica said.

"Hey! What are you..." I trailed off. He was in a yellow shirt and yellow trousers.

"Wait...is that fries drew on your shirt." He kept his hands in his pockets and looked away.

Monica was dressed in a red dress with a red cap. They were dressed as ketchup and fries? Way to go as couples!

Rose let out a snort and tried to cover it up as a cough.

"Yeah, laugh all you want. I don't care. I am going to head out. Come on Monica." But he looked like it did bother him. Ryan would never do something as bizarre as this. It had to be Monica's idea.

"Sorry Ryan, you both look great!" Rose exclaimed but it was hard to tell if she was mocking him or really giving a compliment.

"Whoa... Clara." Ryan said, and I turned my head to see her. She was dressed as Mary Poppins and besides her was Emily as a mermaid. They both looked lovely.

"You look amazing," Ryan stood there mouth half-open and eyes, that could pop out of his socket. Mary Poppins was Ryan's favourite and Clara liked it too.

"Thanks, Ryan, " she said her face lit up with satisfaction.

"Let's grab some drinks," Matt said, and we followed behind him. The kitchen was filled with different kind of drinks like a bloody Mary, sage margarita, spooky orange and so on.

I picked the bloody Mary and filled it into the cup. There were many types of candies too.

I used to go with scarlet for trick or treat. Mostly because mom wanted me to keep an eye on her.

This year she insisted that she could go on her own with her friends. Mom was a bit worried, but I convinced her. And instructed scarlet to be at home before dark.

I loved trick or treat as a kid. Even now I would love to go door to door just for candies. Well, we are grownups now, and you wouldn't want a bunch of teenagers knocking at your door for trick or treat.