Chapter 16.

The pale moonlight glowed above us, shining dimly and making the grey roads appear slightly silver. There was only the sound of our vehicle screeching against the highway and pretty much the whole way was clear.

We rode in the car in stillness. Listening to the peacefulness of the night. It was a comfortable kind, not the awkward silence. And I liked it.

"I noticed all the photo frames in your room. There were none in the whole house, why?" I was really curious about this. I wasn't sure if it was a personal question to ask but he answered me.

"After my grandparents left, I was mostly alone in the house. The house was too big and deserted for me. The only place I feel comfortable in is my room," He sighed. "I didn't think it would bother anyone."

I shook my head," It doesn't bother me and you got a really good house with a pool." At the mention of the pool, his face lit up.

"Yeah, that's one of the few good things to live there," he said.

"Are you coming to Ryan's party?" After a few minutes, I asked.

"Yeah, I am." He nodded.

"Really?"I was shocked, he hardly came to parties. It was quite strange coming from him.

"Well, to be more precise Trevor talked me into it. Saying that it's last year of our senior year. And I should have some fun. blah, blah blah."

"Don't be such a buzzkill, you might really enjoy yourself and have fun you know," I joked. He didn't reply but grimaced.

"What about you. Have you thought about what you want to do after college?" He steered the conversation on me very smoothly.

I slumped into the seat. I liked his car much better than mine. That was for sure. "No, I still haven't figured out."

"There isn't much time left, you should start to think soon."

"Yes, mother." He acted just like my mother. Every now and then she would bring up the topic. How could I give her an answer when I wasn't sure myself?

He shot me an annoyed look for a second. Before turning his attention back to the road."You don't mind if I turn the music on." He didn't wait for my reply and proceeded to play the music anyways. He held the phone with one hand while the other hand on the steering wheel.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I placed my hand over my heart. "You are gonna kill both of us." I snatched the mobile out of  his hand."Give it to me."

He rolled his eyes and chuckled slightly. "You are way dramatic."

I searched through his playlist and played the music. It was time by pink Floyd. I started to hum along.

"You like Pink Floyd?" Zachary asked a bit surprised.

"Yeah, I have grown up listening to their music along with Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen and some other classic bands."

My parents used to play it loud, especially on Sundays. It was fun singing songs with mom and dad.

"Pink Floyd is my mother's favourite band," I said. Mom didn't play it now on Sundays or any other days. I haven't heard her sing or seen her dance in a long time. Honestly, I miss it.

"Oh, my sister liked them too. She used to always blast this song out on the speaker." He replied.

"You and your sister must be close," I said. It was only today that I got to know about his family more. His sister seemed to be an important part of his life as well.

"Yes we are, my sister is my best friend though she lives miles away. But whenever I meet her I feel like the luckiest guy to have a person like her in my life. I made this playlist of her favourite songs after she left for her college." He said with fondness. It made him look more adorable.