CHAPTER 2 : COLD SHOULDER

On his way to office armaan picked up coffee from a nearby cafe and walked towards the tall office building.

The females of the office never failed to give him the smiles and winks. They where always charmed by his looks. But armaan wasn't like any other. He was a practicing muslim. A good person inside out.

He reached his cabinet open his laptop and began to take sip of his coffee. His PA came and handed him the files he asked for.

Most of the work of office was dealt by armaan himself though he was not the CEO. Mr. Rizvi didn't mind his son doing so. It was either way armaan was going to take it all in his hand soon or later.

Soon it was zuhur. Armaan saved time by offering the salah in his cabinet cause masjid was quiet far,while mr. Rizvi prefer to go to the mosque to offer his prayer.

It was lunch time. Armaan wouldn't mind preferring to have lunch with his colleagues but today he had it in his cabinet itself silently.

After the lunch he went to mr.rizvi's, his father's office on the other floor. He knocked on the CEO's office thrice.
"Come in"said the voice from other side.
"Assalamu Aalaykum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatahu abba" said to which his father answered.

"Had lunch"asked mr.rizvi as he closed the work on the computer screen, through his corcky glasses and turned his full attention to his son.
"Yes just now, did you had your lunch abba" asked armaan as he sat comfortably in the chair.

"No son. Just returned from masjid. I'll have soon... Either way the lunch your mother is gonna send wouldn't be that great."said mr.rizvi in disgrace.

Armaan chuckled lightly and said "abba it's for your own good."
"You have no right's to say in this matter. you betrayed me once." said mr.rizvi. Getting back to his good mood.

"What did I do, I did nothing Abba."said armaan in his defense.
"You did nothing. What do you think I don't know why you come up here every day to see whether I'm eating the lunch your ammi has sent or not"said mr.rizvi.

It was completely true. Armaan always finds out a little time from the loads of work just to see his father. He was there when the doctor gave strict restrictions for his health. He just simply cared for his father.

"But it wasn't me who was caught eating haldirams somosa and mishti" said armaan. It was one of a hilarious day.

Mrs.rizvi, armaan's mother was once shopping by some local market when all of a sudden she saw mr.rizvi in one of the sweet shop. Having mishti all alone. The look that mr.rizvi had when he realized that he has been caught by his wife was something armaan would pay to see on his father. And since that day. Mr.rizvi has been spy by secret agents of mrs.rizvi. And armaan was one of them.

"I was just having some of it" said mr.rizvi bafflingly.
Armaan began to laugh on his father's instincts. True it was old people have a heart of child.

There was knock on the door. The peon arrived with mr.rizvi's lunch.
"Oh look lunch is here too" said armaan as he tried teasing his father.
The peon started to plate the lunch.
"Armaan, would you like to have tofu soup and salad" asked mr.rizvi to armaan.

"No. Jazak Allah. I'm fine." Said armaan.
Mr.rizvi began to much his lunch in a grumpy mood. Mr.rizvi was a big foodie. And was having a hard time with the tasteless diet that his wife was giving him.

Armaan took his phone out and began to click some photos of his abba.When mr.rizvi began to give angry look he stopped clicking them.

"Fine fine. I'll stop now. I'll leave you alone with your tofu soup and whatever salad it is. "Armaan said and laughed lightly.
"By the way don't forget about the party tonight. I want you to be there." Said mr.rizvi his mood completely being serious.

Armaan nodded to his abba and left.
Sitting in his comfy seat in his cabinet. He began to think about why his father wanted him this badly at the party tonight.

It would be because he wanted to introduce the next CEO of the company his son to everyone. Then if that was the case why wouldn't he throw his own party announcing the new CEO. But came to conclusions that he might wanted him to know about people and market more.

A/N: what's up people. Thanks for reading the chapter. So I wanted to clear a cloud of those who though that if armaan's father aka mr.rizvi is kind of strict then after this chapter you might have the conclusion that it's not. Mr.rizvi can be strict when he wants to. So don't take him easy. And if you worry about the behavior of characters like him then wait and watch. I'll confuse you so much.
Also yes the next chapter at the party is gonna be a little bit you know. I don't know the perfect word for it. But take it as a warning. Not much that would harm your innocent soul.
Anyway thank's again for reading the chapter. See you next time.
Keep reading. Hit the star at the corner too.
By😊😊

~29MARCH20