❤️ Monoma imagine #1❤️

Imagine facing off against Monoma in the sports festival:

You knew that Monoma wouldn't go easy on you, that's just who he was as a person.

Not that you wanted him to, you wanted to prove your strength fairly, just like everyone else competing in the sports festival.

But you could already feel nerves taking over your body as the match began.

" Y/n, " he spoke softly, in a sing-song voice, as if to both comfort and tease you.

Looking up at him from the other side of the arena, your eyes caught sight of him coming closer to you.

Damn, you thought and cursed yourself for not noticing that the match had already begun.

The blonde boy smirked at you as he took note of your widened eyes and slight tremor in your hands.

You inhaled sharply, taking a few steps back and he continued to come towards you. Don't let him fool you, not now at least, you told yourself as you tried not to look into his light eyes.

Clenching your fists you promised yourself to not back down to your rival, even if he was attractive. Because if you hesitated, he'd win. Luckily for you, you knew how Monoma's thinking worked and his tactics. You wouldn't let him into you mind. 

Your lips turned up slightly in the corners; confidence.

" Why are walking away? " he asked, in the same tone as before, a mix of amusement and genuine concern.

" Why'd ya think? " you snapped back easily.

His eyes narrowed and his grin grew across his smug face.

" Alright then. " he murmured to himself, stretching his arms above his head.

Don't let him touch you, he's powerless otherwise.

Monoma lunged forwards aggressively, straining to get a grip of you and gain your quirk. 

But you were ready and had anticipated his move, dodging it quite effortlessly and spinning around into the centre of the arena as the boy tumbled forwards.

He swore quietly under his breath as he got up off of the floor and turned to you, his eyes burning with something, annoyance perhaps. Or maybe thoughts of vengeance. Whatever it was, angry Monoma was a dangerous Monoma.

" I have to say... " he began with a chuckle.

" ... I expected this to be easier, y/n. "

The muscles in your jaw tightened at his words. 

What an arse (a beautiful arse at that). You weren't weak. Concentrate y/n, he's trying to get into your head.

But it was already too late and Monoma had taken advantage of your slight pause and came surging towards you, managing to brush his fingers across your arm before you could move to the side. 

" This match is over. " the boy stated, slightly amused by your angered expression as he started to come towards you. 

You could see him prepare you quirk in his hand, feel it and get a grasp on it as he readied himself to atta- you punched him.

You summoned up all of the strength and emotion you could into your fist and swung, connecting with his jaw and sending him flying backwards.

His weakened form rolled out of bounds before he came to a stop.

You could hear Midnight hesitantly state that you were the winner as you walked over to the blonde.

He picked himself up off of the floor and looked at you begrudgingly.

" Sorry, that was a bit much. "

" No. " he replied, rubbing his chin gingerly. " I shouldn't have underestimated you. "

" True, " you gave him a half smile before frowning.

" You did try to win, right? "

" Yeah, even if I like you I still tried to... " 

He realised what he had let slip after he had said it and blushed profusely.

" You like me? " you asked slowly, a slight smile forming.

" Erm, well, I... "

" Cool. " You replied, turning your back to him as you began to walk away and out of the arena. 

Looking back over your shoulder at a confused Monoma, you added with a smirk,

" Then I'll meet you for lunch tomorrow in the cafeteria. "

The blonde boy smiled to himself.

He may have lost the match but he had won something even better.

I know that Monoma doesn't make it to the tournament round but I had to bend this slightly for this imagine, sorry.  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this, if you did please vote and comment. And if you have any requests please say so. I'd love to hear them!