chapter v

NATURALLY, WHEN ONE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A PARTICULAR ITEM OF CLOTHING OR JEWELRY IS, THEY VISIT THE APHRODITE CABIN, SIERRA REALLY HATED THAT LOGIC RIGHT ABOUT NOW. The place was a fucking barbie house, and not in a good way. With pick walls, lace curtains and a scent of perfume so strong you could gag on it, Sierra despised cabin 10.

But, Silena was the solution she needed at the moment, so she took a deep breath of clean and air and ventured in. The inside was no less barbie themed, and the perfume smell worsened by about ten volumes.

Silena was no where in sight, but she recognized Drew Tanaka in the crowd. The girl was busy applying mascara but when Sierra stepped behind her in the mirror she made a squeaking noise and spun around in her chair. Only one eye had any kind of product applied to it so she looked a little like a homeless clown with her bedhead and mascara and eye shadow pristinely applied to only one half of her face.

"Um, hi," she said quietly. Drew was a tall girl with a model like body customary of Aphrodite children. She always wore sharp makeup and stood out from a crowd. Her black hair always either curled to perfection or straightened down her back in a sheet. She had brown eyes and always managed to pick eyeshadow that accentuated the small gold flecks in her irises. Sierra had never actually spoken to her, but Drew followed Silena like a duckling with its mother and she knew the girl was absolutely petrified of her.

"Where's Silena," she asked, and Drew blinked up owlishly at her, as if the words weren't computing in her head. She was flashing her eyes between Sierra's eyes and the massive weapon in her hands. Drew straightened suddenly like the words were just hitting her and pointed to the bathroom. Sierra nodded in lieu of a spoken thank you and walked to the bathroom. She banged on the door so hard it shook in the frame.

"Just a second!" Silena's voice called from inside, and Sierra rolled her eyes.

"Silena, open the door," Sierra called back, and a moment later it was flying inwards. Silena wasn't wearing pants and the shirt she had on was only half pulled down. Sierra didn't really notice it, but Silena seemed fairly self conscious about it. "What's a choker?" She demanded, that seemed to not be what Silena was expecting her to ask.

"I'm sorry?" Silena said, before her eyes fell on the sword and she sighed, "Sierra, I would appreciate you keeping weapons out of my cabin for future reference."

"It turns into a choker," Sierra said, "if I ask it to, but I don't know what a choker is so I don't know how to turn it into one." She gritted her teeth as she explained. She just wanted out of here, not to explain the entire damn story of her sword. Silena nodded.

"Drew," the asian girl spun in her chair again, the second eye now having eye shadow but no mascara still. "Could you please show Sierra what a choker is," Drew nodded and began to rummage in her jewelry box. Silena smiled at Sierra as they waited and Sierra just stared back. Drew stumbled over finally and held up a tight leather cord that looked like it would suffocate someone if they put on. Huh, or choke them.