𝕠𝕟𝕖

where it all started

"[name]!" a voice called from the floor below you. "are you ready yet?" you look at yourself in the mirror one last time, then checked your bag to make sure you had everything you needed.

"yes, mom!" you say as you calmly walk downstairs.

        "make sure to eat a proper breakfast today, [name]. it is your first day, after all, so you need to concentrate. dinner will be ready for you when you come back, but i'll be working overtime today." that meant you were going to be home alone, since your dad was in america for a conference.

        "okay, i will!" you say, but after she was gone you stuffed a piece of toast in your mouth and made sure you had your wallet before walking out.

        you walked down the road, thinking about how your third year at karasuno was going to be like. you had been in the college prep classes for the past two years, and you were in class 3-5 this year, so you had to study twice as much as you did the previous years.

        there goes my sleep.

        finally, you reached your intended destination, karasuno high school. taking a deep breath, you stepped inside the school.

        "[l/n]!" a girly voice said in a high pitch, damaging your eardrums. you look down at the girl and recognize her as sakura tachibana, a girl who was in your class last year.

        "hi, tachibana," you say, thinking about the attention you were going to attract because of her squeal.

        "is that [l/n]?"

        "i knew he was going to come back this year!"

        "tch, why does my crush even like this kid?"

        "look at his jawline!"

        "i heard he was friends with oikawa from seijoh!"

        "no way, really? just imagine if oikawa went to karasuno, we would be known for our attractive boys!"

        "i think he made eye contact with me! catch me, i'm about to faint."

        you looked over at the girl who said that, and her face turned red and she started fanning herself while her friends glared at her.

        "[name]!" a familiar voice said and you looked up to see daichi and suga making their way towards you. "we've got the volleyball sign-up sheet here!" they said, waving the sheet around.

        "sorry, ladies," you said with a charming smile. "i've got to go, but i'll see you around later." and with that, you made your way to the classroom. the crowd parted for you, leaving daichi and suga to stare at your retreating figure.