𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 - 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

act of jealousy

act of jealousy

        "[name]!" tooru beamed when you answered the call. "you actually answered the phone this time!"

        "ugh, it's you," you groaned. "i didn't look to see who was calling."

        "that's mean, [name]!" he pouted. "anyway, do you wanna come with me to pick up takeru?"

        "i'll come," you responded. "but promise me you won't try and correct the teacher when he tries setting. it's really embarrassing, you know?"

        "he was doing it wrong!" tooru protested. "and. . . um. . ."

        "what is it?" you complained. "spit it out."

        "i'll tell you in person," tooru said. "bye."

        "bye."

————

        "you literally look like you just got out of bed and came here," tooru commented. you were wearing sweatpants and a plain blue shirt.

        "what's wrong with this?" you gestured to yourself. "i'm not trying to impress anybody."

        "still," oikawa scrunched his nose. "at least comb your hair!"

        "that's too much effort," you responded. "i just got up from a nap."

        "let me fix your hair," oikawa said as he came closer to you. he ran his hands through your hair. it created a soothing feeling, which made you sleepier. you rested your head on oikawa's shoulder.

        "what's wrong?" he asked you.

        "nothing," you replied. "just sleepy. what did you want to tell me?"

        oikawa paused. the hand running through your hair stilled.

        you lifted your head up, looking at him. a small frown was etched on his face. his eyes were diverted towards the ground.

        "what is it?" you pressed.

        "it's nothing much. . ." oikawa trailed off. "yui - chan broke up with me. that's it."

        "when?"

        "this morning," he replied. "for the same reason they always give."

        you really thought yui was going to last more than all the other girls oikawa had dated before. she was nice, and you never would've thought she had the initiative to break up with someone. the only explanation must've been that oikawa was completely ignoring her and focusing on volleyball.

        a small, sick part of you couldn't help but feel elated. you tried to push it down.

        tooru's fingers lightly threaded around yours, as if afraid to take the risk and hold them. you took his lingering hand and wordlessly grasped it.