𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

a surprising offer

a surprising offer

         "[name]," a voice ambushed you as you walked out of your class at the end of the day.

         "kiyoko." you smiled at your fellow third year as you walked side - by - side with her, attracting the stares of boys and girls alike. "what brings you here?"

        "i go to school here," she said.

        you laughed heartily. "always the comedian."

        "i came here to ask why you haven't signed up for the volleyball team this year."

        "ah, princess," you said as you swung an arm over her. "want some pork buns after school? my treat."

        "no," she deadpanned and you smirked. "stop trying to change the subject."

        "you don't want pork buns? wanna get some cake, then?"

        "no," she denied. "whatever your reason for not joining the team is, throw it away. we have four new first years who are going to take your position if you don't come back."

        "four?" you asked, completely forgetting about changing the subject. "tobio isn't the only one?"

        "no, there's kageyama, hinata, tsukishima, and yamaguchi."

        "is asahi coming back?"

        "come to the gym and see."

        "kiyoko," you pouted. "you wound me. whatever, i'll just ask tobio. we went to the same junior high."

        "kageyama won't tell you, he's mad at you for not coming back. besides, it's not like you have a choice about coming to the gym, anyway."

        "huh?" you asked. then, you noticed that the whole time we were talking kiyoko was leading you and you were following her. you had ended up in the hallway that connects the gym and the rest of the school.

        "kiyoko, no," you panicked. you could hear the sweet sound of volleyballs slapping against the gym floor. "this isn't fair."

        "i'm not asking you to play, [name], or even make your presence known. i'm just asking for you to watch."

        "how am i supposed to watch without them seeing me?"

        "so you do want to watch."

        "wha - no, kiyoko!"

        "if you really want to watch, you'll find a way to do it. there's a new first year, his name is tsukishima, and he's taller than you. you know what position he plays? middle blocker. get your act together and your spot back, [name]."