𝕥𝕨𝕠

childhood friend

childhood friend

 you walked back home, hands in your pockets as your hair moved slightly in the wind. you had successfully outrun tanaka ( a feat which you were very proud of ) and managed to go the entire day without bumping into any club members. you knew they had practice after school, so it would be impossible for them to follow you home.

your phone rang, and you shuffled to pick it out of your pocket. sighing as you looked at the caller id, you answered the phone.

"hey, simpkawa."

"[name]," the voice on the other end whined and you could just imagine him stomping his foot in childish frustration. "it's tooru. how many times do i have to tell you?"

you chuckled. "whatever, trashykawa. how's hajime?"

"i call you and the first thing you ask is how hajime is? you should focus on me, [name]!"

"why'd you call anyway?" you asked. oikawa usually never called you, he just popped in your house when you least expected it.

"well. . ." he began. "i tried to knock on your door, but then i remembered you were at volleyball practice." oh, right, seijoh had monday's off. "so i climbed the tree next to your window and maybe opened it and got in your bedroom? very comfy bed, by the way."

you sighed. "i'll be there in five, tooru."

--------

as promised, there he was, laying on your bed and pretending he was making snow angels.

"you're messing up my bed, flirtykawa!" you exclaimed as you pulled the comforter into its original position and shoved oikawa off the bed.

"[name]," he groaned from the floor. "how rude. and shouldn't you be at volleyball practice?"

"shouldn't you?" you lamely countered.

"don't turn the tables on me, you know we have monday's off. wait, are you finally considering coming to seijoh?"

"no," you said hesitantly. "i, uh , maybe quit volleyball?"

"what?" oikawa yelled, sitting up straight on the floor, staring at you with wide eyes. " i don't think i heard you right, you said you quit volleyball?"

"yes, uglykawa, you heard me right."

"why?"

you shrugged. "it's our last year at high school, we should be focusing on our studies and getting into a good college, not a sport. unless you want to play volleyball as a professional, there's no need to continue playing it."

"but - "

you held up a hand. "no, tooru, don't try to convince me otherwise." you made sure to use his first name instead of a nickname so he knew you were serious. besides, you weren't telling him the whole truth, and he could read you like a book.

his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw tightened.

he sighed. "okay, [name], but - " he stopped himself and then climbed back onto your bed. "wanna watch a movie? or do you have homework?" he teased.

you rolled your eyes. "let me change first, shittykawa." you undid your tie as he stared at you. you stopped, raising an eyebrow at him. "you're not gonna look away?"

"don't stop on my account. by all means, continue," he greedily stared at you as you unbuttoned your shirt, heading to the bathroom.

"you're not getting a free show," you chuckled as you locked the bathroom door. as soon as you got in, you looked in the mirror.

unbuttoned shirt, tie hanging around your neck, messed up hair, and red cheeks. if anybody saw you like this, their mind would certainly go somewhere.

thankfully, it was just tooru.

so why were you blushing?

shaking those thoughts out of your head, you wore a loose shirt and some sweatpants and headed back. oikawa was flipping through the channels on the t.v. he stopped at a volleyball game and stared at you as if watching it on t.v. would change your mind.

grabbing the remote from him, you asked, "what movie do you want to watch?"

"e.t.," he promptly responded.

"tooru, we can't watch e.t. every time you come over."

"it was worth a try," he sulked as you patted him on the back and then flopped yourself onto the bed. after a long discussion, you guys decided on a shark movie. halfway through the movie you turned to ask tooru if he needed you to turn the air conditioner on.

"tooru," you said as you looked over at him. " do - "

he was asleep. you can't believe you didn't notice the light snores coming from him as he drooled in his sleep. sighing, you turned the movie off as you tucked the blanket over him and dimmed the lights. he deserved some sleep, only he knows how much he's trained for volleyball.

--------  

you were studying when you felt it. tooru's long arms wrapped the back of your neck and gave you a loose hug from the back.

"good evening, sleeping beauty," you joked, earning a low raspy chuckle from him.

he placed a kiss on the side of your forehead, and your cheeks flared up. tooru was always clingy after a nap or when he gets up in the morning. he had always been touchy with you, and in this past year he had given you multiple forehead and cheek kisses.

you lived by the motto: "protect your lips from tooru."

"don't just do that shit out of nowhere, moron," you whined as you hit him with your folder and he laughed hysterically. "save that for your fangirls."

"by the way," he said as he brightened up. "i met this new girl, she said her name was yui nakamura."

you rolled your eyes. "your latest conquest. what would hajime say?"

"what iwa-chan doesn't know won't hurt him," tooru sang as he started fixing his hair. "and anyway [name], you should try dating some time!"

"no, thank you, crappykawa."

"i mean," he shrugged. "there are plenty of hot boys out there, like me, who would be willing to snatch you up."

"i tell you i'm bi one time, tooru - "

"oh yeah, me too," he said as he walked out of your door.

"huh?" you said, but he had already walked out of the door to your house.