𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

threats and promises

you were walking to school when you heard your phone ring. looking at the caller id, which was simpkawa, you picked up the phone.

"[name]!" his voice squealed from the other side. "remember that girl i told you about? yui nakamura?"

"yeah," you said, wary of where this conversation was heading. "what about her?"

"i'm asking her out today! wish me luck!"

"yeah, whatever, good luck. i hope she doesn't have to deal with you," you commented, trying to mask the horrible feeling of jealously that was creeping up on you. were you jealous because you wouldn't be able to spend that much time with tooru?

even you didn't have the answer to that.

"so mean, [name]!" you could practically hear the pout in his voice. "i know you're jealous i'm getting all these girls and you're not getting anybody, but don't worry! your time will come! bye!"

"wha - " he had hung up on you. you sighed and rolled your eyes.

suga had still not informed you about when the after - school practice was going to be. you knew he hadn't forgot, because every time he saw you in the hall he would flash you a dazzling smile and say, "i'll tell you when the practice is! just wait a little bit more!"

you reached school. your day was going good until yamamoto - sensei asked to meet you after class.

"hello, [name]," he said, giving you a sickeningly sweet smile.

"hi, sensei," you gave him an uncomfortable smile, shuffling your feet. you had to mind your manners, otherwise your dad would be getting a phone call.

"i heard you joined the volleyball team again."

"yes, sensei, but only for one after - school practice and golden week."

"not permanently?"

"no, sensei."

"listen, [name]," he sighed as he placed a hand on your shoulder. "your dad has asked me to look after you and make sure you get good grades. this is your last year of high school, after all. you must get into a good college, and become the head of the national medical association, like your dad."

"i know, sensei," you said, cheeks burning.

"then you must understand where i'm headed," he said sadly. "volleyball is just a sport, just a club. where is it going to get you in life?"

"i could get volleyball scholarships, sensei," you piped up.

"we both know you don't need the scholarship money," he frowned. "consider this before making rash decisions. i'm just looking out in your best interest, [name]. i've already called your father and informed him about the situation."