𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

recollection

recollection

         as you walked home, hands in you pockets, you recalled upon the first time you met tooru.

        you had met hajime first. you had met at the park, and bonded over a competition to see who could finish the monkey bars faster. of course, both of you couldn't finish and dropped out halfway, but you still claim to this day you went farther.

it was a normal day for you. you went to school, played at the playground with hajime, kai, and daisuke and came back home.

"[name]!" your mother called as you entered the door with your father, who had picked you up. she lifted you into her arms and gave you a big kiss on the cheek.

"mom!" you complained, wiping your cheek. "kai said only little boys get treatment like this from their moms. i'm not a little boy, i'm five," you explained, holding up five chubby fingers.

"don't listen to that kid," your father rumbled. "don't listen to anybody, [name]. you make the rules, got it?"

"the rules for what?" you innocently asked.

"you'll find out," he ruffled your hair. "all in due time."

the next day you went to school and sat down in your usual spot, next to hajime.

"good morning," you greeted, grabbing colored pencils out of your backpack.

"morning," he replied, jamming a pencil into a sharpener.

"i heard there's gonna be a new student," you told him.

"yeah, i heard about that too."

"good morning!" your teacher sang. the class greeted her back.

"class," she smiled. "we have a new student today!" the said boy walked inside the door energetically. he had chocolate brown hair, which matched the color of his wide eyes.

"hi! my name is oikawa tooru, and i just moved around here," he grinned.

"where did you used to live before, oikawa?" a classmate of yours asked.

"i lived around here, we just had to move houses," he told the girl.

        after a flurry of questions was thrown the male's way, he sauntered over to your table, which consisted of kai, you, hajime, and daisuke.

"hello!" he smiled, putting his stuff down. "i'm oikawa tooru!"

        you exchanged a look with hajime, who shrugged.