𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 - 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

path to tokyo

path to tokyo

"[name]?" a voice cooed in your ear. you groggily started to wake up as you became conscious of your surroundings.

there was a hand around your waist, holding you tightly. the other hand was gently weaving through your hair. your head was rested upon a strong chest.

"tooru?" you murmured. "is it time to wake up?"

"unfortunately," he pouted. "i wanted to cuddle my [name] - chan a little more!"

"tooru," you said hesitantly. "aren't we a little too old to be cuddling? i mean. . . you don't cuddle with a person unless. . ."

"i don't know about all of that," tooru stated. "i just know when i'm with you, i feel at peace. well, see you after i beat ushiwaka - chan!"

you mutely nodded.

you felt the same way.

————

"after watching the first and second years, i think it might be better to hand the club over to them," daichi stated, looking out the window. suga and asahi looked shocked.

"alright," you said as you got up from your sitting position. "i needed to focus on my studies anyway." you walked towards the trash can, aggressively throwing your milk box in.

"i think [name] doesn't want to quit," suga said. "so your words must have angered him."

"i don't know," daichi sighed. "you can never tell with him."

after school, you directly walked home. there was no practice today, so you were going to get in a few hours of sleep.

your phone rang.

"what?" you asked as you answered the call.

"nothing much," ennoshita sighed. "nishinoya kept pestering me to call you. he wanted to know if you were quitting the club."

in the background, you heard, "ennoshita, you bastard! i told you not to tell him!"

"why would i be quitting?" you asked, confused.

"there was a meeting for the third - years," he explained. "and they decided whether or not they wanted to stay in the volleyball club or focus on their future."

"i'm going to stay," you told him. "but i'll be leaving earlier, since i have to study even more."

"alright," ennoshita said. "bye."

"bye," you told him, then hung up.

--------

"harder," you told nishinoya.