𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

sudden refusal

        sudden refusal

        as soon as school ended, you made your way home.

        life wasn't going your way, something you never thought would happen. suga's deal for you to stay on the volleyball club only lasted for one after - school practice and golden week. now that golden week had finished, his deal was over. there was no need for you to be associated with the volleyball club anymore.

        then, there was tooru. iwaizumi had apologized for him, but admitted even he didn't know tooru's state of mind. apparently, he was still overworking himself. last time, you were the one to apologize. this time, you wouldn't be.

        and finally, your dad was coming back in a few days. there was no doubt he was furious you joined the volleyball club again. you were going to pay when he came back.

--------

        "you're right, that's amazing!" nishinoya yelled, looking at a magazine. "the picture's huge!"

        "what is it?" asahi inquired, overhearing the commotion.

        "what? what's that?" hinata asked, coming over with kageyama.

        "look," tanaka said as he shoved the book into hinata's hands. "shiratorizawa's ushiwaka is among the three most noticed high - schoolers in the country."

        "shiratorizawa!" hinata yelled in recognition. "that's where kageyama couldn't get in!"

        "shut up!"

        "shiratorizawa isn't the only formidable opponent," coach ukai stated.

        "would the others be last year's best four?"

        "yes, but there are other formidable opponents this year. wakutani minami. date kogyo. aoba johsai. and shiratorizawa. and, of course, there's one guy they say is great, but his team isn't. . ." coach ukai explained, furrowing his brows.

        all the second and third years groaned. "it's him, isn't it?"

        coach ukai nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "if by him, you mean [l/n]. . ."

        "we should've known!" tanaka yelled. "every year, we hear, 'karasuno isn't that good, but they somehow managed to recruit one of the top middle blockers, [l/n] [name],' or something like that. it's annoying how he gets all the attention!"

        "that's right!" nishinoya yelled. "why does he get to be in volleyball magazines?"

        "only cause he has a good looking face!" tanaka added. "the rest of his body is photo shopped in the magazines. and he's too dumb to notice!"