𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

history

history

        going against date kogyo meant a lot to you. not only to you, but the rest of the third years as well. last year, they had completely crushed your spirit to play volleyball. this year, you were going to crush their spirit.

        "go go let's go, let's go dateko!" rang in your ears.

        "i wish we had something like that," tanaka and nishinoya frown.

        "we do," you point to the thirty girls in karasuno's cheering stands.

        "[l/n] senpai!" they shrieked when they see you looking over. "do your best!"

        "what the - " nishinoya said in awe. "are you watching this, ryuu?"

        tanaka gives him a short nod. "i understand. we'll just have to outshine this annoying bastard, then."

        "the only thing that's shining is your bald head."

        "don't brag too much for a guy who's not even in the starting lineup."

        "hey!" you pout. "coach ukai told me he wanted me to be karasuno's secret, you know? if we're ever in trouble."

        the match started, and hinata and kageyama were almost blocked by no eyebrows.

        "is that what you call read - blocking?" takeda sensei asked. "is that what you do, [l/n]?"

        "yeah," you replied. "if this dateko guy can read - block like i can, then we're going to have a big problem."

        as the match went on, karasuno kept getting blocked by dateko. you had to admit, though, karasuno was keeping up against date kogyo. 

        "those blocks sure are annoying," suga frowned. "is this what it's like to go up against you in an official match?"

        "no, cause i'm better," you said as you stuck your nose into the air. "if only old man ukai would put me in, this match would be over in an instant."

        "patience, kid!" ukai hissed. "we're not doing too bad."

        "we could've won already if i was on the court."

--------

        coach ukai finally decided to put you in the second set.

        you had blocked all of the dateko's spikes. they only got points from when they blocked karasuno's spikes.

        your favorite part of the match was when you blocked the no eyebrows middle blocker.

        he had spiked the ball and you had easily blocked it, slamming onto dateko's side of the court. if no eyebrows had eyebrows, they would've shot up. you snickered at the brown - haired dateko player who snarled at you.