12

I closed the house door and brought the food I just collected to the kitchen. "Damien!" I yelled as I opened up the boxes and took the bottles of sodas out the bag. The boxes still felt very hot, which was great because I was worried that the food would get cold due to how far the pizzeria was.

Damien entered the kitchen with royal blue basketball shorts and a white marina on. "Missed you in the shower," he continued to tease, and I rolled my eyes in response. Just when I thought we were becoming friends, we got sent straight back to him just bothering me and being an ass.

"Okay, Damien," I sighed. "Yes, I had a wet dream and you just so happened to be in it. Big deal. Can we just drop it now?"

Damien shook his head, "No."

"Why?!" I sighed from frustration. I didn't want the remaining ten weeks with him to just be him bothering me over one silly dream.

"Because it's not like you were having a dream and I just so happened to be in it. You were having a dirty dream, and you and I were probably doing stuff or about to do stuff...sexual stuff," he argued. "That's not something I can just easily brush off."

While taking two dishes out the cupboard, I shrugged, "Doesn't seem so difficult to do in my opinion."

"Not when that dream indicates that you think about me in that way. Maybe if it was even once that the thought ran across your mind, you still thought of me in a sexual way," he explained as he took a plate from my hand. He placed two slices of pizza and about a fourth of the cheesy bread on his plate.

I sighed, "It was inappropriate, and I apologize. Just please drop it. It's embarrassing enough."

He nodded, "Okay, Cit."

Cit? Whatever.

I took out the same portion as he did and we sat on the chairs facing the island.

"How was your day?" he asked in an attempt to make conversation.

I shrugged, "Regular. Well, Justin came over for a while so we were chilling until 4. Then I took a nap, or what would've been great sleep until you woke me up."

Damien playfully frowned, "My fault for caring about whether you ate."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Whatever. How was your day?

Damien shrugged, "Regular as well, only I found out that this really pretty girl got a thing for me."

Wow, he was already fascinated about a girl he probably met at work or on social media or whatever.

"Lucky you," I tried to reply without any saltiness clear in my voice. However, I had an epic fail, which was clear from Damien bursting into laughter.

"I kinda got a thing for her too, you know," he said, and I had to refrain from rolling my eyes.

"Damien," I sighed before biting into my pizza. With my mouth half full, I replied, "I don't wanna hear about what random girl you met, if you got something for her, or anything else related to your love life. I had a wet dream about you. So what? You don't have to rub it in my face by bringing up some other chick you probably hooked up with!"

Damien frowned, "I was talking about you, silly, and you shouldn't be eating and talking. You might bite your tongue."

I frowned, "I'm the pretty girl you kinda got a thing for?"

Damien nodded, "Yeah, you are. You don't have to be embarrassed about having a wet dream about me. I've had one of you before too."

"Really?!" I gasped while searching his eyes to make sure he was telling the full truth.

He stared deeply into my eyes while nodding. "To keep it real with you, I've had two about you since I've gotten here. I was only teasing you to see if you were just horny or if you actually had a thing for me. By the way you keep blushing and avoiding eye contact, I can tell that you weren't just horny. The latter seems more accurate."

I blushed while chewing my pizza and looking away. I sipped some of my soda to cool my body down a bit and then connected eyes with Damien once more.

"As attractive as I find you, I actually did mean it that night when I said I just wanna enjoy being single. Besides, you and me together would be bad for business. Nico and Mr.Carter would flip," he shrugged. "Even Rico, Junior, Titan, and Nathan would probably wanna knock me out. You just can't be with a guy like me."

I asked, "And what is a guy like you, Damien? You seem perfectly fine to me."

He shook his head, "I'm trouble, and fucking around with me won't cause anything but more trouble."

He bit into a slice of his pizza, and I did the same to mine.