17

I knocked on Damien's door, and he questioned, "Who?"

Nervously, I answered, "Sa-"

"Go away," he replied with disinterest clear in his voice.

"No," I said firmly, but I was rattling in the inside. "I wanna talk, please."

Damien stubbornly replied, "I don't."

I tried turning his doorknob, but he had the door locked. "Please, Damien. I'm so sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to make you feel like a baby or someone in need of help. I just wanted to see you happy." He remained silent, so I replied, "Please say something."

"Go away," was his only response, so I sighed and went to the living room to sit alone with my thoughts.

I didn't know what was left to do. How was I supposed to make things up with him if he didn't even want to talk to me? I didn't even know if we were still in a relationship. That probably died the same night I pissed him off. It was already a week later, and he was still avoiding me.

Within moments, tears were rolling down my cheeks from being frustrated and sad, in combination with being angry that he wouldn't speak to me. I sniffled while wrapping my blanket around me and turning the TV on. I put on a movie and then walked to the kitchen for some ice cream.

Timely, Damien came out of his room, and we both halted in our tracks, this being the first time in a week that we saw each other. It sucked that he was seeing me with tears rolling down my cheeks and probably a red nose while he looked as if it was just another day for him.

He studied my face for a moment before walking off to the bathroom, not even asking me if I was okay. Dryness filled my mouth, and I didn't even want the ice cream any more. I poured myself a glass of water, left the box of chocolates by his door, turned off the TV, and went to my room.

If he didn't want to speak, I wasn't going to run him down. I'd simply settle with us being over and move on. We only had about two months left with each other before I'd be in college anyways.

Four hours later

A knock sounded on my door, ruining my sleep. "Hm?!" I replied, annoyed that someone was waking me.

"It's Damien," Damien informed. "I'm....coming in." My eyes slowly fluttered open as the door opened, and Damien came entering my room. I looked at the time on my phone and wondered how on earth I managed to fall asleep before 10 p.m, the time it was now. "I'm sorry for waking you," he said while sitting beside me. He licked his lips while staring into my eyes with apology clear in his. "I'm sorry for mistreating you. I was upset, but that gave me no reason to be so cold to you, especially for so long. I was being a jerk, and I hate knowing that I made you cry. You don't have to forgive me, but I wanna still apologize and let you know that I accept your apology and appreciate you caring about me. Also, I'm assuming you talked to Nico and he told you about the chocolates. Thank you, they mean a lot to me."

He then let out a deep breath before standing and getting ready to walk away when I announced, "I forgive you too, and you're welcome."

I could see the hesitation in his eyes as he sat beside me again and asked, "Are we...good then-relationship wise?"

I slightly smiled and nodded, "Yeah, Damien. We are."

"Good," he shyly smiled. "I was nervous that I fucked it up with you." I blushed and shook my head in confirmation, and he smooched my cheek before announcing, "I'll let you get some sleep then."

Remembering that Nico texted me earlier saying that he was spending the night at Natalie's, I asked, "Can you....sleep with me?"

"Sure," he warmly smiled and climbed into bed beside me. I rest my head on his chest, and he wrapped an arm around me as I shared my covers with him. "Goodnight, beautiful."

With butterflies swarming in my stomach, I blushed, "Goodnight, handsome."