27

"Aight, thanks for stopping buy," I gratefully said as I dapped my uncle.

"No problem," he nodded. "Stay safe and keep me updated."

I nodded in response, and he left the house. I then sighed and spun around while ruffling my hair, and I spotted Sagacity sitting on the staircase.

"Hey," she shyly waved as I walked over to her. "I was coming downstairs for a snack but saw you and your uncle talking, so I decided to give you some space."

"Hey, and it's fine," I nodded. "Did you hear anything?"

She shook her head, "Only Rico telling you to stay safe and to keep him updated. Is everything okay?"

I nodded and smooched her forehead as I took her hands in mine. "I thought I was being followed on my way here," I confessed, and worry immediately filled her eyes. "Don't worry, I'm okay. Plus, it might had been a false alarm. Still, Uncle Rico insists that I start learning how to defend myself just in case."

"Did you talk to my dad about it?" she asked, concern still clear in her eyes.

"Not yet," I shook my head. "Uncle Rico is gonna talk to him later. If this escalates, I might not be staying here anymore, Cit."

"W-what? Where will you go? When would I see you?" Sagacity asked while frantically searching my eyes.

I scrounged my lips to the side while shrugging. Truly, I didn't know either. I sighed, "We can only pray that it doesn't get that far."

"Would you have to alter your identity and go into hiding again?" Sagacity questioned, and I shrugged in response.

"Look, it really boils down to what your dad and my uncle thinks is best," I sighed. "Let's just forget about this unless something else happens. For now, we only have my paranoia as evidence that I might be facing a threat. If I actually have to leave, I don't wanna spend our remaining days living in fear."

She cupped my face while staring deeply into my eyes and faintly smiled, "Well, I'm glad you're okay. Are you hungry? I can cook-"

I shook my head, "No, it's fine, but thanks. I ate before leaving work."

She nodded in understanding before excusing herself and going to the kitchen for a snack, and I went to my room to look for something to sleep in. I then went to the bathroom and started the shower. I wanted to take a cool shower to help me meditate because I knew that I'd be unable to sleep if my mind wouldn't be well rested.

A knock sounded on the bathroom door as I stepped into the shower, so I answered, "I'm in here."

"It's me," Sagacity informed. "May I come in?"

"I'm already in the shower," I just informed, and her reply shocked me.

She replied, "I know." I didn't know what she was up to, but I invited her in anyways. She entered the bathroom wearing a towel and had a bottle of soap and a loofa in her hands. "Is it okay if I shower with you?"

"Something wrong with the shower upstairs?" I slightly frowned as I opened the glass door for her to come in. She shyly shook her head while taking her towel off and joining me. She then placed her soap down on the soap holder and turned to me.

She blushed, "I just wanted to shower with you."

I smiled while wrapping my arms around her waist, then I gently tugged her body into mine. She went on her tippy toes, and I lowered my neck so that I could help her reach my lips. Passionately, we kissed, letting our feelings spill through us, and it was like nothing I ever felt. The feeling was euphoric, leaving me wanting more. Her smooth, plump lips felt like perfection against mine, and the rhythm of our tongues moving in sync with each other made my heart race inside my chest.

As the intensity of the kiss grew, I found myself digging my fingers into her thighs as I lifted her. I pinned her to the wall, her legs wrapped around my waist and fingers in my hair.

I slowly pulled away from the kiss, and she smiled while staring into my eyes. As my eyes drowned into hers, she gently ran her hands down my back before cupping my face.

"I don't wanna live in fear either, Damien," she said while deeply staring into my eyes. "There's something I wanna confess."

With my eyebrows slightly narrowed, I asked, "What is it?"

"This....you and me being together...scares me," she said, and I immediately began wondering if she was afraid because of my past.  I figured she would break it off with me if that were so. "I'm....I'm falling for you at a much faster rate that I didn't anticipate, and it's scary because I've never felt like this for anyone before. I don't wanna sound all cheesy and emotional, but time really flies when I'm with you. I love hanging out with you and getting to know you, and I also want you to know that I really care about you." She shyly smiled as blush filled her cheeks, causing a wide smile to form on my face.

I shook my head, "I don't think it's cheesy or emotional at all. To be honest, Sagacity, I feel the same way. You be doing shit to me...I don't even know. What we have together is just different than what I've experienced in all my relationships, and that scares me sometimes too." She smiled widely, and I smooched her lips. "I'm falling hard for you too, and I want you to know that I l-"

I was cut off by the sound of the bathroom door being knocked on. "Dame, you in there?" Nico questioned, and I cleared my throat as Sagacity looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah," I answered. "What's up?"

"Just looking for my sister. You seen her?" Nico asked, and I looked down at Sagacity.

"Yeah," I answered while staring into her slightly frightened eyes.

Nico asked, "You know where she is?"

With amusement clear on my face, I answered, "Yup." Sagacity hit my shoulder, causing me to chuckle lightly. I whispered in her ear, "You wanna tell your brother where you're at, or are you gonna make me do that too?"

She rolled her eyes, "Tell him I went for a walk."

I smiled, "No one told you to get in the shower with me."

"I'm in here," she answered with reluctance clear in her face.

"Make sure you tell him this was your idea too," I smiled.

Sagacity scowled me with her eyes before announcing, "I wanted to take a shower with Damien. We'll be out in a few."

"Better make it quick. Uncle Titan and Uncle Junior just called and said that they're stopping by. They'll be here in a little less than thirty minutes," Nico said before his footsteps were heard fading from the bathroom.