25

A knock sounded on my room door, and because I knew Nico was staying by Natalie's for a week, I knew that it had to be Damien knocking at my door. I adjusted my robe so that my outfit was hidden. I didn't know if Damien and I would be celebrating a one month anniversary, so to prevent myself from looking stupid, I wore a robe over my outfit.

"Come in," I invited.

Damien shyly entered the room with a big teddy bear in his hands and my favorite flowers, causing blush to immediately form on my cheeks.

"Happy one month, beautiful," he smiled as he walked over to me, and I got off my bed and met him halfway.

"This is so sweet," I blushed as I accepted the gifts and sniffed the lovely scent of my favorite flowers. The teddy bear was absolutely adorable as well and brought a wide smile to my face. "I love them so much! Thank you."

"Oh, I got you this too," he said while pulling a pack of Twizzlers out of his back pocket.

"My favorite flowers and candy," I blushed. "Thank you. Your gift is waiting in the fridge and freezer. I didn't want them melting." I placed my gifts neatly on my bed before taking his hand in mine and pulling him out my room, downstairs, and into the kitchen. I then took out the ice cream I got him and the two boxes of his favorite chocolate. "Everything else that you like, you already have, according to Justin and Nico, so I only got you th-"

Damien smiled, "It's okay. They were right, and I love your gifts too. Thank you!"

"You're welcome," I blushed. "Um...I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Do you wanna do it over dinner?" he asked.

I suggested, "How about we eat dinner here. I'll order something, and we can talk until the food arrives."

"Sure," he nodded. "What do you want me to order?"

I chuckled, "I'll order. Consider it part of my gift." After ordering food from a Carribean restaurant not too far away, I brought Damien to the living room and we shared a couch. "How was your day?"

"Good," he smiled. "Yours?"

"Good too," I nodded. "Um...I wanted to talk to you about us...specifically us in two months or so."

Damien became more serious as he nodded, "I'm listening."

I exhaled a quick breath before saying, "I really like you, Damien. I've had a crush on you before Jason and I got together, but I didn't think that you felt the same way. While I was dating Jason, I purposefully pushed you away so that my feelings for you wouldn't contradict with my feelings for him, and I regret that everyday. I can't help but wonder where we would've been by now if I hadn't made such a stupid decision, and I'm just honestly so grateful for this second chance with you."

Damien took my hands in his and gently caressed them while faintly smiling, "I am too, City, and I've liked you for as long too, but if you don't wanna continue the relationship during college, I'll be okay with it."

"Damien, I-" I got out before he cut me off.

He shook his head, "I don't wanna feel like I'm holding you back. You should have whatever freedom you want. I understand."

I shook my head, "I don't wanna break up with you, Damien. I know we still have a little less than two months before making final decisions or whatever, but I don't wanna break things off with you. I was actually hoping that you'd...work at the firm near the school so that we could see each other more often. When I graduate, you can move back to the firm you're interning at now."

"I'd have to see if your dad is cool with it, but I honestly wouldn't mind doing it if that meant you and I could still be together," he nodded with a smile.

Eagerly, I smiled, "Really?!"

"Yeah," he smiled widely. "I don't wanna end things with you either, City. I was actually worried that you wanted to."

I blushed, "I definitely don't. I have a question though."

"Ask away," he encouraged while rubbing gentle circles into my hand.

"Have you been holding yourself back in the relationship because I'm a virgin?" I asked while staring intensely into his eyes so that I could gage the truth.

Damien let out a short breath before nodding, "Yeah. I just don't want you giving yourself to me and then that changes our relationship. I also don't want you feeling like giving yourself to me was a mistake afterwards."

I sweetly replied, "If there's anyone I'd like to share that part of me with, it's you, babe. I'm not saying we have to do it tonight because I'm not in a rush, but if there's a day where we both feel confident in going there, then we can go there. We can limit the amount of times we have sex if it comes to that so that we won't have to worry about our relationship changing."

"Alright," he smiled. "I'm really glad we had this talk."

While blushing, I smiled, "Me too." I then smooched his lips and blushed from the loving look he gave me.