24

"Are you sure these are her favorites?" I asked Aria while flipping my camera so that she could see the flowers I held in my hands. Aria and I were on FaceTime, and she was helping prepare a nice gift for Sagacity's and my one month of being together.

Aria nodded, "I'm positive. She's always loved them."

"Yeah but is it her favorite?" I asked, and Aria chuckled.

"Yes, Damien! You don't gotta stress so much, you know. It's only a month anniversary. If everything isn't perfect or you don't know all her favorite things by now, that's completely normal," Aria chuckled. "Those are her favorites, I promise."

I released a deep breath and nodded. I then explained, "I just don't wanna mess things up with her. You know how long I've liked her, and now I finally got a chance to be with her."

Aria nodded in understanding, "I know, bro, but she doesn't even care about materialistic things. You don't have to buy her the world...not yet." Aria giggled to herself before adding, "The teddy and the flowers will suffice. You really don't have to get her anything else. She'll be really happy about the flowers, and the teddy is really cute too."

"Are you sure I shouldn't buy chocolates too or something?" I asked as I purchased the flowers.

"Ooh! She really likes Twizzlers. You can get her a pack or something," Aria nodded. "You should stop after that though. I know my cousin. Those three items will mean so much to her."

I chuckled, "Twizzlers though?"

Aria chuckled, "I know it doesn't sound romantic, but I swear, she'll love it. She's a bit weird in that way, but it's what makes her Sagacity Fiore Carter. Now get off my phone."

I chuckled, "Fine. Thanks, really."

"No problem," she smiled. "Let me know how it goes."

"Aight, bet. Later," I smiled before hanging up. Now to buy a pack of Twizzlers.

Sagacity's POV

"You suck, Justin," I rolled my eyes. "How do you not know what Damien likes? You, him, and Nico always hang out with each other."

Justin chuckled, "I told you what he likes already, but he already has them."

"Ugh!" I groaned. "You're no help."

"He probably isn't even expecting any gift, Sa. He's never celebrated a month into a relationship before. He likes to wait until the third or fourth month," Justin informed.

I nervously asked, "Should I return what I already got then? I don't wanna look stupid."

"Nah, hold on to it just in case. You did say that he mentioned it yesterday, so at least you know he's keeping track of how long you two have been together. Usually, he doesn't care about stuff like that, so he might actually be planning something for you," Justin answered. "You already got him his favorite ice cream and two boxes of his favorite chocolate. If you really wanna go the extra mile, and you can't tell Nico I'm telling you this, slip into something nice...a bit revealing, and have fun tonight."

I chuckled, "You want me to seduce Damien?"

Justin nodded with a chuckle, "Pretty much, yeah. If he hasn't had sex since he broke up with Sarah, then that'll be three months of him not having sex. For a guy that likes having sex...psh. I'm just saying, he'll appreciate it."

I shook my head, "He wants to wait. He said he doesn't wanna take things too fast with me."

Justin nodded, "Probably because he knows it's your first time. I got a little secret that he told me the other day too, but you can't let him know I told you."

"Okay," I assured while nodding.

"He told me the other day that he's a bit worried about what'll happen between you both by the time you gotta move away for college," Justin informed. "I know he doesn't wanna rush things because of that as well. Uncle Nick has a firm nearby the school though, so I was thinking he could transfer there to work, that way you'd maintain the relationship. I tried suggesting it to him, but he said that he didn't know if you'd be comfortable with that. He doesn't know how strong your feelings are for him, nor if this is just a little summer thing."

I nodded, "So you think that if I tell him how much I like him and can convince him that I actually want the relationship to last past the summer, he'll be more open to things with me?"

"Exactly," Justin nodded. "If you two end up going on a date tonight. Tell him how you feel about him. You two have had a crush on each other for a while now. Yeah, you've only been dating for a month, but you've had a crush on each other for two years and have known each other for five years. If you're both ready to go there, then you're both ready to go there."

I nodded, "Thanks, Justin. I think you really put things into perspective for me. You're not as worthless as I thought."

Justin chuckled, "Eat shit. I'm just glad I could've helped my cousin and a good friend. Let me know how tonight goes."

"Bet," I nodded before hanging up. I didn't plan to have sex with Damien tonight, but I still planned to wear something eye-catching in case we'd go out.