18

My eyes fluttered open as sunlight from my window welcomed me. I felt well rested and was even happier that I got to wake up next to Damien. He seemed fast asleep, his breathing steady, so I took the chance to admire his beauty. His skin was smoother than butter, his honey-colored skin adding on to his sweet features. His lips were pink and soft, and his chin a bit angular. His nose was average size, his bridge straight with a cute curve at the end, giving him a narrow, button nose.

I gently buried my nose in his neck and inhaled his peppermint scent, one that I had always been fond of. My father had a similar scent, only I found Damien's to be very arousing.

I slightly sat up and smiled down at the sight beside me. I was being such a creep, but I didn't care. I never got the opportunity to study his face this much, so I was very grateful for it.

I brushed his curls off his forehead before playing with a spiral. His hair was very soft and looked like it retained moisture well, as opposed to mine that was much more kinky and low in porosity. Damien also had more eyebrows than me, which I always was a bit jealous of. Heck, there was a lot that I envied him for- his perfect skin that I never saw acne on, his even tone, his perfect muscles- which I only got to see during the times we shared the pool, his more manageable hair, and even his laidback personality. He looked like perfection, while I looked like an old sea witch. Okay, I was over exaggerating, but it wasn't fair that he had no physical flaw. It made me even more concerned about what the hell he saw in me.

Damien's eyes fluttered open, and I quickly released his curl and moved away from him. It hadn't dawned on me how close we were until I noticed him waking up. Half of my body had been on him. I was probably crushing him in his sleep.

"Uh...hey," I shyly greeted as he stared up at the ceiling.

"Good morning, babe," he smiled, looking down at me for a moment before looking up at the ceiling again. "How was your sleep?"

"Great," I answered, blush on my cheeks because he called me babe. "Yours?"

He looked down at me once more and smiled, "It got better when I found out how obsessed you are with me. I could've felt you staring me down through my sleep."

"Oh gosh. Sorry," I blushed while looking away.

Damien chuckled, "No worries, it was cute. I felt you playing with my hair too."

I smiled, "What are you?"

Damien chuckled, "Human just...I don't usually let people touch my hair, so I can tell when someone is touching it."

"Sorry for that as well. It was tempting," I shyly replied.

Damien cupped my chin and gently lifted it so that I could look into his eyes. "You can touch my hair whenever you want to." He gently pressed his lips into mine, giving me a smooch and a bunch of tingles.

"Okay," I shyly giggled while playing with the covers.

"If you're not busy, I'd like to have that date with you tonight," he announced, bringing up the date we were supposed to have last week.

Wanting to see his reaction, I replied, "No."

A look came across his face that I couldn't decipher, but he simply replied, "Um, okay....Is everything fine?"

I chuckled, "Just messing with you. I'm not busy today, and I'd love to go on the date with you."

A wide smile stretched across his face as he replied, "Great."

I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and checked the time. It was 11 a.m, and I was feeling hungry.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I questioned as I climbed out of bed.

"You," he teased, causing blush to form on my cheeks.

While shyly smiling, I chuckled, "Cut it out."

Damien climbed out of bed and cupped my cheeks before shrugging, "Just being honest." He smooched my lips once more before announcing, "I'll make breakfast."

"Fine, but I'm helping," I shrugged, and we left my room and went to the kitchen, where we began preparing breakfast.