Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Amaan

The last few days have been pretty okay. Laylah hasn't been out anywhere, and has been spending the days at home. She finally gave me a house tour. What I didn't expect was the house to be that big. Apparently, the living room that I have been used to is only for Laylah or her brother. They have two more living rooms. One of them is three times the size of my whole flat and is usually used for when Umer needs to have meetings at home. That living room is situated on the east side of the building and also has a separate entrance.

The house also has Ali Baba and his family's quarters. I didn't realise his family lived with him until I saw Laylah and his daughter cleaning the house. Ali Baba has 1 son and 2 daughters. His son is married and lives in London and both his daughters are married. Although his eldest daughter lives with him after she had divorced from her abusive husband. Umer had made sure he was sentenced to prison and dealt with. She has two girls. The quarters they live in are really nice. I was actually overly impressed with the way Laylah's family looked after 'the help', nit mant people care about people who work for them. Ali Baba and his family seemed happy to work and live here. Umer had asked me to feel free to eat whatever I wanted to and use the house as I needed thriugh the day I was there. He even had a room prepared for me opposite Laylah's just incase I ever needed to crash here. The eoom was fully equipped with a huge bed, lots of wardrobes, an ensuite bathroom and a little space to read etc. There was also a TV, which I was using to watch my new favourite series; Dirilis Ertugrul.

Umer also allowed me to use his gym. Kerching! Since I had lost my own gym, I was working out at home with little to no gym equipment. I guess that's a plus side. Other than the library and gym, the Mansha's also had a home cinema and I mentioned the Lake before.

Thank god it's Friday today, I smiled to myself. I texted both Yusuf and Haider to come over so that we can hang out. I think I needed that after the week I had, with Laylah. Although she isn't like any girl I've met. Apart from her pushing me to my limits so that I can quit, she is in fact a genuinely nice girl, dare I say a perfect Pakistani girl despite growing up in riches.

I said my goodbye to Arfan and walked out looking forward to a great weekend. I was invited to my uncle's house because Sophia's rishta was to come, and see her. I was told that it was in fact Yusuf who had asked his mum about Sophia, apparently, he liked that she was a simple Pakistani girl. Simple and Sophia? I think he has the wrong girl. No I'm joking. Sophia was a realpy nice girl and I'm nit saying this because she is my cousin/sister.

After showering and changing I l placed the order for the Shawarma when the bell rang, Yusuf and Haider both had come together.

"Your car still not fixed?" I asked Haider. "Of course not, you won't pay, Dad won't pay, I am broke so yea. Food here yet?" He asked taking his jacket off, changing the subject as if his car wasn't important enough.

Yusuf laughing at him. "Dude you need to grow up and get a job, soon you'll have a wife and kids" Yusuf says teasingly. "What, kids? No, I haven't even had a girlfriend yet, I haven't even had a chance to cheat on my girlfriend or for her to kick me out calling me a saala Kutta, I'm not ready for a wife or kids yet" He says all flustered. "Bigra Bacha" Yusuf calls him.

Once the food is here we all dig into it, wasting no time. "Okay so who is more hotter, Mahira Khan or Aiyza Khan" Haidi asks biting his shawrma and taking a big gulp of his drink. "Dude Mahira Khan is like almost 40" Yusuf says swallowing his bite. "So what, she's still hot" Haider says wriggling his eyebrows up and down. "Gross man, no wonder you don't have a girlfriend" I say picking up my drink. "Oh hello, like you have one" Haider says pointing at me.