Chapter 36

Why is Amaan so angry in the picture above. I think he has finally snapped, read on to find out.

Chapter 36

Amaan

These past two weeks without her have been like hell. She has been avoiding my calls. Arfan tells me she is mostly at home with her brother, helping him with the Business Christmas party. I haven't even shaved in two weeks. I sit on the bed gripping the photo frame she gave me; I feel like my heart will burst that's how much I have missed her.

I went back the next day she told me to leave, but she wouldn't see me. Arfan has been keeping me updated and safe. She has been texting Haidi and that's something that has given me some peace, knowing that she isn't completely alone. Sophia, well she has told me to just chill and buy some new clothes. She doesn't know that that brown-haired girl is my heart, harmony, and life. She is my home.

"Ishq binaaa kya jeena yaaro. Ishq binaaaa kya marna yaaro" Haider sings the same song for the gazillionth time, off key. "Bhai, I say lets kidnap Zaviyar, we'll scare him, beat him up and then he'll leave Bhabhi alone" He says with an evil grin on his face. "Believe me, I've thought of worst for him, but he isn't the main problem, its Laylah herself. I cant believe she can't think straight" I say crushing the Pepsi can in my hand and throwing it across the room aiming for the bin.

"She, erm she has invited me to the Christmas party tonight." Haider says looking around the room but at me. "What. Why hasn't she invited me?" I say dumbfounded looking at my brother who just shrugs his shoulders.

Did she not want to talk to me anymore? Has she totally removed me from her life? Does she not miss me? I sigh in frustration. A hundered queations swarming my head.

"Ishq binaaa kya jeena yaa..." "Oh shut up Haidi" I growl at him annoyed, cutting him off mid-sentence, the stupid song had accurate lyrics and wasnt making me feel better.

He looks at me with his mouth open. "If you want, you can come with me; as my plus one. But please shave. Kya Majoo wali shakal banai hai" He teases me. "I love a girl named Laylah so obviously I'm going to be called a majnoo, not Romeo or Ranjha" I grin at him. "Aye haye, very filmi. On a serious note, I'll be around her tonight. I'll see what Jafar has been up to"

He stands up and hugs me. "Don't worry, I know in my heart she is for you. Allah has finally sent you that person that will fill the void in your life that you've had because of my family. You don't normally share and say anything, but I know, you've been feeling lonely, and I promise you I will never let anyone take her away from you, I love you Bhai." I feel a lump in my throat, pushing it down I smile. "I'm not alone, and I can never feel lonely with you around" I say squeezing his shoulder.

"Can you give this to Dad" I say handing him the envelope. "He asked you for money again? Tell me, what is the difference between you and Laylah, you both have peculiar Dads. No wonder you're attracted to each other" He mumbles under his breath.

"Whatever he has done Haider, he is still my Dad, I have to help him. How will I face Allah? But Laylah, the silly girl has an unhealthy relationship with her father." I respond back to him.

I park the car after getting back from Mamu's, even Adil bhai has been invited by Laylah. I pick up my phone from the passenger's seat and ring her again, for the hundredth time today, but as always, she doesn't pick up.

I just want to hear her voice. I want to hear that sweet laughter of hers, the one that makes my heart flutter. I want to touch her, to take her small soft hands into my mine. I wanted to hear her call me ACE with that naughty smile. Frustrated I bang my fists on the steering wheel. "Come on baby, just call me back once." I plead putting my head on the steering wheel.