Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Amaan

The past few days have been great. Seeing Laylah loosen up and make friends has been comforting. They way she looks back at me when someone asks her for help, as if she is asking my permission makes my heart flutter. The trust we have built between us has been heart-warming.

What I didn't realise or anticipate was watching her work with raw foods and create a masterpiece is would be so entertaining to me. The first time I saw her use a chef knife I was a bit vary and my natural protective instincts kicked in and I stood up and stood beside her as if the knife were to attack her. I could watch her work all day and not get tired. "Liar, you could watch her all day, periodt you perv" I mumbled to myself pulling my top on and walk into the kitchen.

As I started the coffee machine, I heard a knock on the door. "Haider" I thought to myself as I walked towards it opening it to reveal my half brother standing there busy on the phone. I left him to it and walked back towards the coffee machine. "Yes baby, I promise I only talk to you. I'll see you soon my Janu" He said, walking into the kitchen and closing the door behind him. Janu? How cheesy and cheap does that sound.

"Girlfriend? I ask as I sit down with a bowl of cereal and my coffee. "Hain, me and girlfriend, kabhi nahi (never ever). She is just a larki (girl), you know trial and error" he said taking out some orange juice from the fridge and sitting down.

"Trial and error? You should be lucky that even one girl is going out with you, is your face that special that girls will look twice at you kameenay?" I say to him sipping my coffee.

"You should be encouraging me, I heard you were quite the heartbreaker in your time, give me tips" He said taking my bowl and pouring some cereal for himself.

"Who told you that?" I ask a bit shocked. "Sab pata hai mujhe, (I know everything), Sonia, Rabail and what was the name of Hussain's cousin again. And these are just a few examples" He said, counting some girls I messed around with, mischief gleaming in his eyes. "Shut up idiot. And her name was Hiba, bloody psycho woman." Remembering how clingy and materialistic she was.

She was nothing compared to Laylah. None of them were. Laylah is so naive and energetic and that smile of hers, it can change my mood instantly. Her laugh, so addicting and melodious. And her lips, soft and pink. "Ahem" Haider fake clears his throat. I look up to see him staring at me. "What?" I ask annoyed at him. "You're doing that face again, where it looks like you are thinking of a naked woman" He says wiggling his eyebrows. "Chup kar beghairat, (Shut up) otherwise you can walk it to university." Thankfully, Haider was at a different university to where Laylah was at and I could drop him off before picking up Laylah.

I parked outside Mansha Palace and texted Arfan to let Laylah know I was here. After a few minutes of waiting I looked up to see Laylah running down the stairs from the entrance towards the car. Dressed in a maroon baggy t-shirt and black jeans she looked stunning. I couldn't for the life of me tear my eyes away from her. Its like she has bewitched me, there can be no other explanation. I have seen girls with heavy make-up, expensive and trendy clothes but none hold my interest the way Laylah does in a simple outfit. The way she stirs my hormones, the way all my blood rushes to my south region making it hard for me to concentrate around her.

"Salam alaikum" She sings as she opens the door quickly gets in and starts tugging at the seatbelt, releasing me from my 'Laylah trance'. "Ermm Walekumsalam" I say back to her. "Someone sounds happy today." I say checking my mirrors and blind spot before pulling out onto the main road. "If I tell you, you cant tell anyone else, will you?" She asks smiling at me. "Erm, sure, I wont." I say interested in what she will tell me. "True, who will you tell, your bound by a contract so." She laughed at me. "Anyway, you know Hamza from Uni" She started.

My fists tightened around the steering wheel. Who the hell is this Hamza? I didn't like her saying another guys name. she was happy because of him? Why did that make me jealous? All she did was mention another guys name and it has me this wound up. Calm down Amaan, she isn't yours. I remind myself. "Yet, mine yet" I say out. She looked at me confused. "What?" She asks me, scrunching her nose, looking all beautiful. "Erm, no, nothing. Carry on. What about this Hamza?" I ask. "Right, I was saying, he texted me last night, asking about the assignment" She smiled.

Every time she smiled because of this idiot Hamza, it was as if she was stamping on my heart. I need to calm the fuck down, she probably doesn't even like him. Or maybe he doesn't like her. Yea right! She is sexy, smart, and funny. She is the full package only an idiot would be stupid not to like Laylah. "But he does sound like an idiot" I mumble under my breath. "He isn't, I actually think he is cute" She says looking at her phone.

"Do you like him?" I ask abruptly. "Erm not really, but I just like how he looks. I obviously need to get to know him before I like him" She says stuffing her phone into her bag. At least she doesnt like him. But she is interested in him though.

As we enter the cooking theatre, Laylah walks up to Zara and a guy, who I presume is Hamza. He is shorter than me, skinny and not that good looking. "Hey guys" They both say together and then look at each other and laugh.

During the practical I keep catching Hamza looking at or smiling at Laylah. Why have I not picked up on this before. How can I be so aloof, did I miss something? 

You would have been attentive only if you'd stop staring at Laylah yourself you idiot, I think to myself. 

Laylah, looks up and smiles at Hamza and he smiles back. It takes all my strength to stop me from punching this pretty boys lights out. Nobody looks at what's mine. Nobody. 

================================================================================

A jealous Amaan! Drama mama. Let me know what you think.