Epilogue

Epilogue

Two Years Later

Amaan

"Yes sure. I have booked you in for Thursday with one of my best PT's, who will help you with your needs. See you then. Thank you." I put the phone down and glance at the clock. "Shit!" I shout out loudly. It was almost 6. I do the security checks before leaving. I had promised Laylah an early night in with pizza. I didn't want to get on her bad side these days, as her hormones were going crazy.

She wanted to watch Harry Potter, that's a lie. I wanted to watch Harry Potter. At first, I thought it was something for the kids, but Laylah had me hooked onto it, I had promised I'd watch it with her. I wasn't sure how much longer we had left before our lives would change suddenly, and I wanted to spend the time we had making memories. Laylah was 7 months pregnant. When she told me I was the happiest I had ever been, except the time I had married her, of course.

I quickly checked the windows and did the security checks before locking up and heading home, praying Laylah wasn't home before I was. We had moved put of the flat a few months after we got married, after we had found a nice house closer to Laylah's restaurant and the gym, which was perfect for us.

Laylah has spent so long on decorating the house in neutral colours and honestly, I loved it. When she told me about the number of cushions and rugs, she has gotten I thought she was joking. But once she had shown me the final thing and we had moved in, only then I realised how cosy and comfortable the house really was. A simple advice to the guys, if your wife wants 13 cushions in duck egg blue, let the woman be, she knows what she is doing, don't question her.

"Laylah!" I called her name once I got home. "Of course, she isn't home, my woman is so hung up on cooking and feeding people, she forgets she has a husband sometimes, or that she is pregnant." I say, and pout as swipe her name on my phone. After she doesn't pick up, I decide to go and pick her up myself.

I walk in through the staff entrance and stop in the doorway when I catch a glance at the queen of my heart, hair in a messy bun as she inspects the orders about to go out into the restaurant. "They look perfect, well done everyone." She says and smiles around, her eyes connecting to mine, surprised her mouth opens to form an O shape.

I wanted to kiss her and tell her how much I missed her. I walk up to her and take her hand, "Mrs Zaman, it's time for you to come home." I say and brush her hands along my lips. "Baby I'm so sorry, I didn't realise the time, but I'm so busy." She pouts at me. "You're coming with me, otherwise I'll have to throw you over my should, you know I can." I say and wink at her. "You wouldn't, not with me in this condition." She says hands on her hips. "I'll carry you." I say and walk towards her. "Okay, okay" She says holding her hands up in surrender.

Once at home, I change into some boxers and order some pizza. "You know, just become of your cravings, I'm going to lose my abs." I say as I sit beside her on the couch. "You don't need them anymore." She says winking at me. "What does that mean?" I ask confused. "Well ACE, you only needed them to secure a girl, and I'm here so." "So, you want me to get fat so girls will stop hitting on me?" I ask looking at her. "That was one time! Honestly if she would have stayed there a minute longer, I would have pulled her weave out!" Laylah says and bites her pizza. "Her what?" I asked confused.

"Laylah," I call out her name as I prop my head onto my hand as I look down at my pregnant wife. Towards the end of the day she would get tired. She would still manage to cook for me and give me enough time but there were days where she was tired, she wouldn't admit to it. "Hmmm, jee" She says opening her eyes and looking up at me.