Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Amaan

The week has passed by relatively quickly. Keeping something as big as a birthday surprise secret, was tough, what was even difficult was the excuses I had to make up for the errands I had to do. Sophia had given me so many things to do to make the birthday a 'success'. I didn't even realise that all those things went into a surprise birthday party, I thought a cake would have been enough.

I had prayed Jummah and was heading home. I needed to go through the list of things Sophia had given me once more just in case I had missed anything out. Sophia was going to take Laylah out for a birthday breakfast and then we could set up at Mansha palace. Apparently, Laylah wouldn't suspect anything because its something her and Sophia do on each other's birthdays. I swear girls are weird.

"Bhaii, oh mere pyare bhai" I head Haidi calling me as I was putting my shoes on. "Have I told you you're the bestest and my most favourite brother ever" He says awfully cheerful. "Erm, not really, but then I'm your only brother so I guess that explains it. What do you want?" I say turning to face him as I open my car. "What! Why do you always think I want something, I'm not that frivolous" He says pouting. "You're right, I don't think you're THAT much frivolous, ab bakwas kar kya chahye" I say getting a little annoyed. I was hungry. "I have a date, but I have no money" He says looking at me hopeful. "Well I guess you don't have a date, because you have no money" I say sitting in the car and closing the door.

Haidi runs around and gets into the passenger seat. "I also need a ride, but I need some money, even if you give me £40, chalega" He says immediately. "You need to stop running around girls like that, they just make you spend your money, have not learnt anything from me" I say starting the car and driving. "Ha yea right. Are you not throwing Laylah a birthday party, BTW how much did that cost you?" He looks at me with his eyebrow lifted up.

"I'm doing that from my own free will. You have no choice, your girl will leave you if you don't treat her, mine wont." I say looking at him a little smugly, stopping at a green light. "Oh bhai, meri wali meri tau hai na, your girl doesn't even know you love her." He chuckles. "Well, that will change tomorrow." I say hopefully. "Inshallah, Subahallah, mashallah, Astgfurallah" He says as a joke. "Beghairat aadmi" I say laughing at him.

I wake up early on Saturday. Apparently, Sophia wants me to change at Masha palace and she has chosen a kurta for me. Why? But then the amount of work that has gone into the birthday party I wouldn't be surprised. Its as if its a wedding. As I'm making the batter for some oatmeal pancakes, I get a text from Sophia.

Sophia: Are you up? Taking Laylah out for breakfast, will be out for the whole day, Arfan is with us, will return around 6ish.

As per his wishes, Umer had hired two more far-guards for Laylah and I have to say the guys were surprisingly good, most of the times they were undetected. I wasn't concerned about Laylah's safety, when Arfan and the other guards were with her.

By 5pm, all the set up was done, Zara, Yusuf and Haider had arrived. Zaviyar had no clue what was going on and he flipped when he realised everybody else apart from him knew. "He gives me creepy vibes, I mean he is almost tooo good looking, but something about him isn't right. Zara said out aloud to me, placing the plates on the table, apparently I was doing it wrong and there were etiquettes on how to place plates and cutlery. Who knew!

"You're not the only one, trust me, I have my eyes on him" I say looking at Zara. She gives me a weird kind of disgusted look. I remember Laylah told her I was gay. "Okay, look. I'm NOT GAY, Laylah made up that rumour and I just didn't correct it" I let out a little annoyed. "Really, OMG! I was so freaked out, not because I hate gays and stuff, but because you'd look at Laylah in that way but then...." She stopped blabbing mid-sentence and starting giggling.