Chapter 37

Thank you for all your love and support on my last chapter guys. I am really really thankful.

Chapter 37

Amaan

I place my phone in my pocket and look towards her as she refuses to meet my eyes. "Laylah" I almost whisper to her. She looks up to meet my eyes and looks away, a blush creeping up her cheeks. I smile knowing I am the reason for the colour change. I wanted to grab her and stroke her cheeks lightly and kiss them, but I didn't want her to think I was some sex starved maniac. "We should go, bhai is waiting" She whispered quietly enough for me to hear.

I walked up to her, reach up and I tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear "Don't worry, everything will work out." I don't know if I was assuring her or myself. She looked at me shyly and gave me a reassuring smile before hiding her face in her hands. Uff nakhrey.

I take her hand in mine and lead her towards the car. I open the the door and allow her to sit in the passenger's seat ever so carefully and slowly click the seat belt in place. "Baby I'm so sorry for how I bought you here. I would never want to hurt you. I wont shout at you ever again just promise not to push me away." I say holding her face in my hands. She places her hand on mine and kisses my palm. "I promise." She says looking at me.

As I drove her home my mind replaying the events of today. Mirza's men had her followed, everyone knew that, then why, why did Zaviyar leave her alone? Something didn't add up and I wanted to know what it was. "Stop looking at me like that otherwise I'll kiss you again" I say to Laylah as I catch her stealing glances at me. "Really, and you think I'd let you do that again ACE?" She asks, looking straight at the road. Yes! Yes baby you would. I didn't want to push my luck and scare her off before telling her how I felt or knowing how she felt, which to be fair was pretty obvious.

"Laylah, you need to be really careful around everyone. I don't know who you can and can't trust and I don't want you getting hurt." I say as I park the car. "I know, but don't worry, I'll have you around ACE. I'm sorry for pushing you away, I didn't mean to hurt you." She says looking at me and putting her hand on mine.

I see my whole future flash in her eyes. I want to lean in and kiss her, but I couldn't risk being seen, not before actually telling her about I feel and more importantly knowing how she feels about me.

As we reach the living room, we hear Umer and Mr Mansha's voices. "Laylah! Allah ka shukar hai your home, I was worried" Umer says as he marches forward and hugs Laylah in a big bear hug. "Bhai, I'm fine." She chokes out hugging him back. "All thanks to Amaan." Umer says moving Laylah away and pulls me into a big bear hug too. I don't remember the last time somebody hugged me like this, and it feels nice.

"What do you mean all thanks to him, He punched Zaviyar, how dare he!" Mr Mansha shouts out. Shit someone is angry; I think to myself. I look at the asshole and he winked at me smugly. I wanted to punch him again, my hands form into fists ready to pounce on him "He left Laylah all by herself" Umer states angrily. I look from Umer to a smirking Zaviyar, the sneaky bastard. "With all due respect..." I started until I was interrupted. "Respect!! What do you know about respect!" Mr Mansha roars out aloud. "You don't even have a family or is it that they don't want you! What can someone like you teach me about respect young man!"

"Dad! That's enough!!" Laylah screams. My eyes flick to Laylah instantly, did I hear her right, did she just shout at her dad for me? "You are being extremely rude to Amaan, if wasn't for him I don't know what would have happened. She turns towards me and smiles. I love you baby and at this moment I love you even more. "I'm sorry Amaan, I should have listened to you. Bhai, you were right, I shouldn't have asked Amaan to leave."