Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Amaan

These past few weeks have been torturing for me. To say that Laylah is back to her old self will be an understatement. She has had guys come up to me in uni and proposed to me, covered my face with makeup whilst I fell asleep at my uncle's house and she handed me a box of condoms in front of my uncle acting all innocent. I was so embarrassed that day, I haven't been back there!

I don't know why she is doing all this because I really thought we were getting along. If I didn't love her, I would have shook her out of this phase she was in. Its Friday evening today and I have been waiting outside her bedroom door for over an hour. "Why'd I have to promise her I'd take her to the drive -in cinema." I mumble to myself. "Because you love me" She sings out aloud, closing the door behind her. "No! What, no I didn't, no when did, no, I..." I'm perplexed, how did she know? "Relax Romeo, I'm only joking" She says rolling her eyes at me. "Come on we're getting late" She says pulling my arm along with her. Her touch has my skin on fire, the sensations rushing blood to my manhood. For the past few days I have avoided physical contact with Laylah and whenever I feel the urge I end up folding my arms as a ward to stop me touching her. I dont trust myself around her. I snatch my arm from her hand quickly. "Sorry, I didn't realise, when I had grabbed your hand" She stutters. "Relax Princess, you didn't say you loved me" I say winking at her walking off, down the stairs. "Condescending ACE" I hear he call out after me.

I park up away from Haider's house and call him. "Haidi, come outside and you better not make me wait otherwise I'm leaving you here" I say and cut him off. "So, what's the story with your brother and your family, you never did tell me" Laylah says looking at me. "Erm, it's a story for another day, I'll tell you when Haider isn't around" I whisper out quickly as I spot him coming towards the car.

He stands in front of the car and bows down dramatically. I hear Laylah giggle at his antics. "The King has arrived!" He shouts out before getting into the car. "I'm Laylah, your Majesty" Laylah looks behind towards Haider and smiles at him. "Dont encourage his weird behaviour" I mumbke towards Laylah. "Wah, and I'm your King, King Majnoo, will you be my queen?" He asks comically. I roll my eyes at his cheesiness. "Oye bandar, drama band kar (stop acting like a monkey)" I say looking at him sternly through the center mirror before driving off.

Laylah had persuaded me to ask Haider to tag along after she felt sorry for him for what my aunt had done to him on the engagement party. "So, Laylah, how is it having my Tarzan of a brother hanging around you, how do you deal with him?" Haider says jokingly. "Haaaiderrr!" I warn him. "See, no sense of humour, I feel sorry for you" He adds on quickly. "He isn't that bad" Laylah says out looking at Haider. "Yea he is boring, and eats a lot, but what I cant deal with is how strict and possessive he is." Laylah mumbles the last bit. I look at Haider through the central mirror, hopefully he didn't hear that. I find him looking back at me smiling. "Possessive huh?" Haider asks Laylah but his eyes still on me.

"Laylah what do you think about the whole Zain Malik and Gigi thing? They cute, and pregnant, but Allah maafi, pregnant without getting married, haye haye" Haider talks non-stop. Laylah laughed at his antics. "Zain is good looking and Gigi is pretty, they will have beautiful kids" Laylah says looking in front, out of the front windows. Laylah is beautiful and I'm not that bad looking, I'm sure we'll have beautiful kids too, I think to myself and smile. "Do you have any Idea why my brother smiles to himself like a lunatic" I hear Haider whisper to Laylah. "He only smiles like that when it comes to a girl" He adds on to my annoyance. "Haidi, stop being silly" I say looking from Haider to Laylah. "Oh, a girl, is that right." Laylah says looking at me with a disappointed look. "There is no girl, I don't have time for it" I say to both of them. "Oh, there so a girl." Haider says to Laylah and they both giggle agreeing to the fact there is a girl. Only if you knew who she was I thought to myself, forcing myself not to smile.