Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Amaan

"Amaan, whatever happens, do not leave the group, we all go in together and we all leave together with Laylah." Ollie says looking back at me from the passenger seat. "Of course, you guys are like my brothers I will never allow anyone to hurt you" I say, assuring them. But was I assuring them or myself? I didn't know what we were walking into.

My phone buzzes and I turn it over in my hand to see Arfan's name flash on the screen. "Why is he calling me?" I whisper to myself. Had they already gotten hold of Mirza? "Arfan, everything okay? Did you guys find her?" I ask in a hurry. "Its Umer, I told you, to lay off from finding Laylah, I swear to God if something happens to my sister just because you developed a stupid crush on her, I will kill you with my bare hands!" He roars into the phone. "Where are you? Send me the location of Mirza now and get the fuck out of there!" He adds on. How did he find out? Yusuf. I look up and meet his eyes. He shrugs his shoulders and mouths a sorry.

"Don't worry about it, I'll have her home safe and sound." I reassure him. "Give me the fucking location Amaan!" Umer shouts into the phone. "I'm already here, bye." I switch my phone off and put it phone away. The guy will probably kill me when he sees me next time but at least Laylah will be safe. It won't be long until Umer has mine or Yusuf's phone tracked, I need to make sure I have Laylah out of here before then.

"Remember, nobody leaves to go anywhere on their own, we have each other's back and we leave no man behind. Chalo lets go. Chak de phattay." Jassi says looking at everyone. "I'm sorry, he made me promise on Sophia's life" Yusuf says looking at me. "It's alright" I say, and fist bump him.

We park the van away from the old factory. "Look man, you've got to keep your cool okay. You'll have to think with your head not your heart. I know she is important to you, but a small mistake could mean harm to her" Sam says looking at me intently. Sam and Jassi walk towards the rear of the factory while, Ollie and Yusuf walk with me towards the front.

Ollie leans towards the first window and looks through it. He signals towards me and Yusuf to move ahead so he can keep look out until we get to the main door. Yusuf does the same towards the second window leaving me to move towards the main entrance. I pull my gun out ready in case I encounter somebody. I edge towards the door and see someone talking on the phone. Was this guy Sunny? Looking around I see that he is on his one. I'd have thought that Mirza would have more security around.

Without hesitation I curb round towards the entrance, I hear Yusuf cuss out a 'Shit, wait' but I actually at this point just wanted Laylah in my arms. I jog up and put my gun on the back of the guy's head. "Who are you?" I ask angrily. The phone slips from his hand as the cold metal contacts his head. "Hands on the wall" I wish and edge him towards the wall and then pick up his phone. "Hello, Sunny you there? Sunny, Shit secure the perimeter I think we have a breach. Make sure she isnt alone." A guy on the phone rambles to another guy.

She was here, my heartbeat becoming erratic at the thought of her so close to me. I'm coming Baby, I'm coming. I needed to take out this Sunny, but the rest of them would know I was here if I shot him. "You go with Ollie" I hear Yusuf and Ollie's footsteps as they approach me. "Where is Laylah Ali Mansha?" I say furiously, Sunny just smirks at me. "Where the fuck she? Tell me, or I swear to God I'll blow your brains out Motherfucker!" I shout out angrily, pushing his head into the wall. He lets out a cry. "Through the double doors and onto the left." He whimpers out.

"Lets go, before someone else gets here" ollie says pulling my sleeve trying to get me off this Sunny guy. As we opened the double doors we were greeted with more of Mirza's men. Luckily Ollie was quicker than me and took out some of them. I positioned myself so I could see around the corner. I saw four more outside a set of double brown doors. I turn towards Ollie and put up four fingers signalling how many they are. Then I signal left with my head, telling him the two on the left were mine.

As we got rid of the four outside the double doors a few more men marched forward. I lung towards the double doors trying to get into the room. I needed to get to her. "Amaan, no shit wait" Ollie shouts but I'm out for murder and open the door. Something cold hits me head, but I don't even have time to realise what it was as I'm knocked out unconscious.

After what felt like hours but most likely were minutes, I start to gain conscious and I hear voices. "he isn't dead Laylah" I head someone say. "Please help, he is losing blood." I hear her sweet voice and feel her hands on my face and head. "Laylah." I croak out. "Oh Amaan, why did you come alone, you silly handsome man." He says kissing all over my face. As I gain consciousness fully, I assess the room. I pull her behind me and look around. I see a scrawny teenager with a gun in his hand. "Leave if you want to live." I say pointing my gun towards him. "No, please Amaan don't. Its not his fault he's forced." I hear her say as she hugs me from behind. "I don't care, how dare he hurt you." I shout out towards him. "Baby please don't." she pleads. Her words clutch at my heart. I turn to face her. "Are you okay, did they hurt you?" I ask her looking at her face and her body. "I'm fine, I'm okay" She says smiling at me. "You! Where is Mirza?" I ask the boy turning around.

"No, you don't understand Amaan, you need to leave. He is going to kill you" Laylah says walking in front to face me. "Please, take him and leave. I promise I'll give you all the money you owe Mirza, just save him." Laylah cries to the kid.

"Are you crazy Laylah, I'm not leaving without you. Not leaving you with that animal." I say and pull her towards me and string my arms around her waist. I didn't care if someone was watching. I place my face in the crook of her neck and inhale her sweet scent. I had missed her so much. I had her now and I wasn't going to let her go. I softly loss her lips.

"Shit, he is here Laylah" I hear the kid cuss out as he reads text on his phone. "Don't worry everything is going to be okay, just stay behind me" I say pulling Laylah behind me. Where the hell were my backup? I hope they were okay because I needed them, like right now.

================================================================================================================================================================

Dun dun dun! 

Amaan finally meets Mirza.

Thank you to the lovely @Faryal712 for the support and encouraging words.

Share. Comment. Vote