07.1 ▌The Ancient Clan of Flamion

Year 3988, 5th Day of the 8th Moon
Ember Isle, Fliamma Kingdom, Continent of Humana

IT WAS exactly four days after Elise treated Hadrien. She examined his body and there was nothing amiss except that he had not regained his consciousness yet. It was normal after suffering a lethal poison which was why it became customary for her to check on him every day.

She got up and proceeded to the library to spend her days as usual. She exited the door right in time Dryann was about to enter.

She gave a slight nod to her and planned to pass along but Dryann blocked her way.

"Hadrien's still asleep. I just finished checking on him so if you'll excuse me," she muttered but Dryann remained on her feet.

"Actually, you're the one I came here for," Dryann stated with her arms crossed on her chest and chin tilted upwards.

Elise's brow shot up in a second. A slight twitch was on her lips as she squinted at the woman in front of her suspiciously.

She never met someone so contradicting as Dryann. The two of them never had a decent talk. Dryann would constantly make a snide remark and she would always retort. Both of them would end up being pissed at each other every time.

"I was not able to say it properly but I am very grateful you cured Hadrien," Dryann said without even glancing at her.

But that did not stop Elise from almost crying tears of joy learning Dryann was in the mood to get along with her. Now that she realized it, maybe Dryann was just an awkward person who had a hard time saying what she truly felt?

"It's fine. I'm happy you finally woke up from the right side of the bed," she joked, feeling that the atmosphere between them was turning fine.

But she was wrong as Dryann folded her arms and scanned her from top to bottom before tilting her neck sideways as she pursed her lips with discontent.

"Hmph! But that does not mean I approve you for Eldest Brother," Dryann grunted just when Elise thought her peaceful days would begin.

"Why do you guys even push me to him? There is nothing between us. How do you even come up with that conclusions?" she questioned, expecting no answer but Dryann still replied.

"He acts unusual towards you and he's never been the kind to trust strangers, more so women, and the most cynic among us. That was why we view you differently from all the women who chased him."

"Is that it?"

That was not enough reason. Nothing was going on between them. It was a ridiculous idea.

"But the main factor is when you went to his room. He should've kicked you out from this island a long time ago but he even kept you."

Her forehead crinkled. "Was that a big deal?"

"Of course! No one could enter his room. Even our parents." She was pointing it out like it was a matter of life and death.

Elise contemplated about it. She tried remembering the room, there was nothing remarkable about it aside from the multiple paintings displayed but that was normal since all the rooms were adorned with more than several art pieces.

Another idea popped into her mind why he could be so private and the lack of woman interaction from the gist of Dryann's word. But, she refused to believe it.

'No way! That can't be it. He's too manly to swing the other way.'

Nonetheless, that was not entirely impossible. From her experience, the more masculine a guy appeared, the more he liked someone of the same species as him.