ARE MAN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL TO EACH OTHER?

The basic reason for these accusations that it is against the traditional belief “Man and woman are equal to each other”. As a man and a woman are not equal, there are separate laws for them. Some wonder at the variation. Because they expect that both the sexes should not have any discrepancy in their tenets.

First of all, let us analyze whether there is any logical background for this belief. Islam does not approve the concept “Man and woman are equal to each other.” Though this argument is sweet to hear but it is illogical. So, Islam rejects it outright. 

Man and woman are different species. Their body, behavior and character are different from each other. Since they differ in these aspects they remain separate as man and woman.

In what aspects both man and woman are equal, in those aspects Islam treats them equal and proposes same orders on them. In what aspects both man and woman are unequal, or can’t be equal in those aspects Islam does not treat them equally.
In some aspects man had special qualification than woman, there man is considered superior to woman and vice versa. Islam evaluates the sexes in this way.

Considering the both the men and women’s body structure and behavior Islam has stipulated them separate duties and privileges.

It is an apparent truth that both genders are not equal in all aspects. Therefore Islam does disapprove this illicit assumption that both genders exactly equal to each other. 

Assume a woman has both a boy less than a year and son of 15 years old. Both of them are equal to her as she bore them in her womb for a specified period at different intervals. 

If they demand food from her, the mother gives hard food to the elder son and allows him all eatables. But she will not give to her younger son. If she gives hard food to the younger son also, she cannot be a real mother. On the contrary she gives the food easily digestible to the younger son. As she does not give the same kind of food for both her sons, nobody can blame her that she is partial to the elder and showed him more privileges. 
Let us analyze this in another angle. If both sons feel hungry simultaneously, she will provide food first for the younger son and then she will provide for the elder son. In this situation also, nobody can blame her that she is partial to the younger son and showed him more privileges. As the digesting ability and the power of resisting hunger differ between her sons, her behavior towards her children is accepted as normal and not blamed as partiality. 

As there are non-changing permanent differences between man and woman, some separate acts suitable to them are provided in Islam.

For a man, is his father and his mother are equal? Islam declares they are not equal. 
A friend of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) enquired him to whom is he more indebted? Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) replied “to your mother”. That friend enquired again “next to whom is he more indebted?” Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) replied the second time “to your mother”. That friend enquired him third time “next to whom is he more indebted?” Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) replied third time also “to your mother”. Again that friend enquired him for the fourth time “next to whom is he more indebted?” Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) replied on the fourth time “to your father”.

Narrator:  Abu Huraira Buhari : 5971

Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) did not place the father in the second place. He pushed him to the fourth place. Thus Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) has exalted the woman’s position very high.

If the creed of Islam is “always men are superior”, Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) will not have replied so. 
To show the supremacy of man, Islam heightens with due reason only. When exalting woman also, it does not heighten them without due reason.
• Men are not superior in all aspects
• Women are not inferior in all aspects
• Both are not equal in all aspects
When man is superior to woman and vice versa is based on logical reasoning. It is the wise stand of Islam and nobody can deny it.
Women are tortured in Islam is the first accusation alleged against Islam. Let us analyze it.