WOMEN'S RIGHTS TO DIVORCE

Islam has given right to Divorce for both sexes equally. But the procedure only differs. Though some ignorant Muslims deny it for women, we can’t blame Islam for it.

The wife of Sabith Bin Khais informed Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) that she can’t blame the conduct and character of her husband but she does not like to live with him. The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) enquired her whether she can return back the garden she received from him as Mahar. She replied her consent. The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) informed Sabith Bin Khais to receive the garden and divorce her. _

Ibnu Abbas (RL) Buhari 5273, 5277

If the women do not like her husband she has to report to the community leader. This arrangement is in practice as she has received Mahar from the husband and she has to return it back to him in public. Moreover, after divorce they have to suffer a lot to recover their life. So, she should not take any hasty decision. When she report to the community leader, he may advise her. That is why, it is better for her to get divorce in front of the community leader. 

It is the easiest way, which you can’t find anywhere for women to get divorce. What is not available in other communities even in 21st Century, Islam has bestowed 14 centuries ago. 

In the cited example the woman did not find any fault with him, she did not like him, the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) did not even enquire her reason for it.
Islam does not consider wedding as an irrevocable one. It is merely an agreement.

How could you take it when you have mingled into each other and she has taken from you a solemn covenant?

(Al-Quran 4:21)

Women have rights similar to those of men over them in kindness

(Al-Quran 2:228)

If we do not allow women the right of Divorce, there will also be some bad consequences. As the Divorce Act is severe, the women who do not like her husband, plans for murdering him. Such events are increasing. 

If women die of stove blasting, men are killed by poison. Among the cases, he was well to go to bed but did not wake up, most of them belong to these category. As kitchen responsibility is in the hands of woman, it is easy to be executed. 

Or some women conspire to kill her husband with her sweetheart. If the right of Divorcing was easy such kind of murders will be avoided.

Islam has allowed both the sexes the right of divorce equally.

From this we can understand that Islam has bestowed all the rights to women no less than men