POLYGAMY IS PRACTICED NOT ONLY BY MUSLIMS

There is a concept that Islam only permits Polygamy and all other religions are against it. It is propagated also. So, we have to analyze this accusation before we explain why Islam allowed polygamy.

Even before Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), polygamy was prevalent all around the world. It was considered as prestige of mankind. There are so many proofs for it in the world history. Contemporary Non-Muslim of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) had polygamy without any restrictions

Some people does try to build an opinion that before Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) all had monogamy and after that only polygamy came in to practice. This is totally wrong.

Not only contemporary Non-Muslim of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) but also other religions around the world had approved polygamy.

The pages of Indian mythology prestigiously support polygamy as follows: 
In Tamil Nadu(india) the current Hindu deity called Murugan has two wives by name Valli and Deyvanai

The pages of Indian mythology Mahabharatha and Ramayana prestigiously support polygamy as follows: 

Famous current Hindu deity Krishna has two wives by name Bama and Rukmani.
Rama, the deity of Hindu, who maintained monogamy, has his father Thasarathan with sixty thousand wives in his harem.

The pages of history depict many kings and affluent people had innumerable wives.

The famous prophets of Jews and Christians David, Abraham and Jacob had lived with many wives.
It will be clear that the accusation of polygamy as it was introduced by Islam to the world is a baseless one and contrary to the truth.
Now we can go deep into the subject why Islam did allow Polygamy? Is there anything wrong in it?

Prohibition of polygamy will lead the road to Prostitution.

“It will affect the first wife “is the first argument put forth by those who oppose polygamy. 

If they are true to their argument, at the outset, they should demand for the prohibition of both concubine and prostitution.
Not only in our country but also in many countries, it is not illegal to have concubine and prostitution. Even the Woman’s Right Organizations show their dumb mouths on seeing this social injustice.

Marrying as a second wife is not better than allowing concubine and prostitution? Besides, those who have sexual relationship with many women can spread sex sickness to his wife also. If, “It will affect the first wife” is the real reason for prohibiting polygamy, why the women’s Right Organization and the reformers against polygamy does not raise their voice against concubine and prostitution? 
Look at the law of our nation.

• Muslim can marry another woman.
• Non-Muslims can have concubine.

Those who raise their voices to prohibit Muslims’ polygamy, did they demand to prohibit Non-Muslims’ concubine? 
We can forgive those who do not raise their voice against prostitution, but, in our country, the Women’s Right Organizations advocate prostitutes. They demand for their approval of sex employees.
In the seminars and conferences of Pro Prostitutes, the Women’s Right Organizations and the Progressive Thinkers participate.
By this, what do they support? If they advocate for prostitutes, it means that they support the customers of prostitutes also. That means they support infidelity of the husbands to their wives. Alas! What a fall of morality. 
The reason to oppose polygamy is “It will affect the first wife”. If they are true to their argument, they should hate prostitutes, who lead the men to the road of infidelity and demand severe punishment for them.
Those who are indebted to demand so, they don’t. On the contrary, they support prostitutes.

They are led by their conscience and aware that men are woman seekers by nature and it can’t be avoided by law. So, they take this fallible stand.
The Women’s Right Organizations and the Progressive Thinkers support the men who live with a woman other than his wife.
If you like to live with a woman, marry her legally is the instruction of Islam.
But non-Muslims wish to live with any number of women without marriage.
Of the two, which is the best stand?
When a man live with another woman and declared her also as his legal wife, her right is protected. But, for the concubines or their children, there is no legal right.