IS THE AIM OF POLYGAMY FOR INCREASING POPULATION?

Recently some misconstrue that polygamy is the backdoor for increasing Muslim population and thereby reduce others as minority community. Therefore polygamy should be avoided.
As per the Census Report of 1961 the Hindus’ population was 366 Million. In 1991 the Hindus’ population became 672 Million. The increase ratio is 1.836%. This increase is remaining balance after a large number has gone to other religions. All the Indians were born as Hindus and changed their religion of their choice in the long run. Daily Hundreds of Hindus are converting their religion as Muslims only. In some village the total village has become Muslims. In 30 years the Hindu organizations worry that 36 Million Hindus have gone to other religions. 
The increase of Hindus on the basis of birth is 672+36 = 702 Million. That means the original population increase of Hindus is 93%. Out of this, 10% had gone to other religions. The remaining balance increase of population is now seems to be 83% only.
In 1961 Muslims were 460 Million. But in 1991 Muslims were 950 Million. Like Hindus increase ratio at 93%, if Muslims also increased the Muslim population should be 887 Million only. The excess 63 Million people have adopted Islam from Hindus. 
In India Muslim population starts at 0 and increased by adopting Islam. It is alleged Muslims marry more women to increase their population. Handful of Muslims only has polygamy in a town. So, it is wrong to say that the population of Muslims increased due to polygamy. If it is alleged Muslims marry more women to increase their population. Though denied by law, more Hindus have polygamy more than Muslims. Moreover, Hindus have concubines also. So it is a misplaced allegation onMuslim.