Chapter 2

Taehyung sighed heavily as he turned around in his bed. It was almost 10 p.m. and he couldn't sleep. Not because the blonde boy wasn't tired, it was because he was worried to death. It had been 4 hours since Kai had last texted him. 4 hours of Taehyung waiting for a response from his boyfriend but all he got was nothing. It made the blonde boy scared. This wasn't like Kai at all.

The blonde boy could easily be described as an overthinker as he tended to overthink even the smallest of things. Like that one time he said something stupid in class, everyone forgot about it 5 minutes later, everyone except Taehyung.  Right now he was worried something had happened to his boyfriend, as it wasn't like him at all to not reply to any of Taehyungs messages. The longest Kai had ever taken to answer Taehyung back was 45 minutes.

Taehyung sighed softly and closed his eyes waiting for sleep to overcome him. Just when he was starting to feel  a bit tired his brain decided to start thinking about all the things that could have happened to his boyfriend, and within an instant the blonde boy was wide awake again. Taehyung sighed softly, he wasn't going to get any sleep if Kai didn't text him back.

The blonde quickly decided to just get out of bed and go to the livingroom of his apartment, to try and distract himself from all his scare thoughts. Slowly Taehyung started to pull the soft grey duvet off of his body. Within a minute the boy got out of bed and was making his way to the exit of his bedroom

Taehyung's apartment wasn't anything special, just a small place with a kitchen, livingroom, bathroom and bedroom. It did look very cozy though, as Taehyung decorated it nicely. In the livingroom stood a huge grey couch in the middle of the room with a small wooden table next to it. On the couch he had put little pink cushions with flowers on them .In front of the grey couch was a small  black coffee table and a  small tv. He had decorated the room with pictures and flowers to make the room more personal and overall the room gave of a nice vibe. As Kai would describe it he would say it would be very Taehyungie.

The blonde boy walked over to the big grey couch that was standing proudly in the middle of the room and took a seat on the left side of it. As Taehyung sat down he noticed the small silver frame with a picture inside it on the small brown table next to couch, and smiled at the memory the picture displayed. It was a picture of him and his mom hugging each other while both of them had huge smiles plastered on their faces. This was by far his favorite item in his whole house and the blonde boy had made sure to place it somewhere where he would be able to look at it a lot.

Taehyung slowly reached for the silver framed picture and grabbed it softly. It was one of the blonde boy's most precious possessions, and Taehyung would always make sure to treat the object extremely carefull.

As he took a closer look at the picture he couldn't help but smile at all the memories it brought back. Taehyung was an only child and he never knew his dad, which made his mom even more special to him than she already was. It had always been just him and his mom. The blonde boy's smile widened as he looked at 9 year old him being hugged by the beautiful blonde woman in the picture.  He had always been a hugger, but nobody could hug as good as his mother could hug him. She would just put her arms around him and the blonde boy would instantly feel protected. Her hugs felt like coming home to Taehyung.

Taehyung's smile slowly faded away as the thought of never being able to feel her hugs again filled his mind. His mother had passed away 3 years ago in a car crash, leaving the blonde boy all by himself. 3 years it had been, and not a day went by without the blonde boy thinking of her. Not a day went by without Taehyung missing her. Her death left an empty feeling inside of the student, the feeling of losing a part of yourself and never being able to get it back.

Suddenly the sound of his phone receiving a message filled the room. Taehyung shook his head to get rid of his thoughts and quickly put the silver framed picture back on the small wooden table. The blonde boy then quickly reached for his phone while a hopefull look formed on his face, hoping it would be a message from Kai. The picture had distracted him a little, but not enough to forget about his boyfriend not answering his phone.